What Brought You To JK Handmade Knives?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Feb 3, 2016.

1. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Actually I too saw JK supporters in folk's sig lines and decided to check 'em out, now I can say I've bought more JKs than any others, custom or production.

If it ain't broke..don't fix it!

2. 333.okh

333.okh

Mar 23, 2011
    I did a Google search for edc or something like it, and a JK knife showed up. Clean basic lines that looked sturdy ..... just like me ..... the photo brought me here.

3. austexjg

austexjg

Oct 22, 2014
    You bumped a thread for the Urban Survival Kit and now I am hooked. I really appreciate the fact that you do all the work yourself and the craftsmanship shows. I really like that you are active here on BF too. Kinda feels like a friendship more than just a pure business transaction. I look forward to adding many more to my collection.

4. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    I had a knife template that John brought to life. The Michigan Trail knife.

[​IMG]

Jeff

5. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    I was looking for a fixed blade EDC and that little IFSA Number Run caught my eye. Then I started Googlin' and a lookin'... and really like what I see!

6. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I like your sig line! I bought a Land Cruiser new back in 1978, unstoppable in mud or snow!

7. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    The only thing I didn't like about them is the ratchet seat belt. They could be really painful on a bumpy road.

8. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    I'm driving an '89 FJ 62. For me it's the perfect balance of real truck that I can wrench on and comforts (AC, power windows, 4th gear with an overdrive). I'd love to drop an H 55 manual in there but I'll wait until the automatic finally gives up the ghost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    I'm driving an '89 FJ 62. For me it's the perfect balance of real truck that I can wrench on and comforts (AC, power windows, 4th gear with an overdrive). I'd love to drop an H 55 manual in there but I'll wait until the automatic finally gives up the ghost...

10. greatscoot

greatscoot OOOh, That's scaaarrry. Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I used to park cars and one night a guy comes in with an FJ that he dropped a small block into. It would burn rubber into 3rd gear.

11. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Very popular conversion back in the day. Before I got rid of mine (had to do to divorce) I put a 350 Chevy motor in it. I could lift the front wheels off the ground power shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.

12. tall_papa

tall_papa

Jun 19, 2013
    I was just looking for a nice little EDC fixed blade that could also pull duty camping, hunting, fishing, etc. I didn't feel like paying $100 for a Boker bird and trout and I didn't like the designs of any of the cheap ones either. I saw a picture of your Bluegill during a Google Image search, then discovered the Toby Knife, then discovered this forum and the very reasonable prices and the great interaction, and now I'm saving up and trying to decide what to order!

13. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Welcome!

14. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Welcome tall_papa!!

best

mqqn

15. tall_papa

tall_papa

Jun 19, 2013
    Thank you! It's been a blast looking through all 71 pages of the pictures thread and reading the reviews and such, these knives and their maker seem to bring a lot of people together.

16. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    A great group of people hang out here, stick around and join in the discussions.

17. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 14, 2015
    They are beasts off road, but SCARY over about 50 mph!

18. greatscoot

greatscoot OOOh, That's scaaarrry. Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    And...Keep your thumbs OUT!

19. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Welcome tall_papa.
    Great people here and great knives too!

Jeff

20. mrbear

mrbear

Sep 17, 2009
    Older thread revival! Sweet!
    Spotted a knife someone else had posted on another forum and contacted John about it. Not super active much now-a-days but still lurk quite a bit.
    [​IMG]