What Buck are you carrying today?

cyjGmEp.jpg

My 110 from 1974.

FS_110_V5v4.jpg

Very nice! I have a litter mate to that one. Pretty sure it's a V5V4 based on the distinctive plunge line, tang, and kick, making it the first of the two-dots. Looks as if you may have done what I did and reduced the thickness of the blade immediately behind the edge.

Decided to put this one in my pocket for a few days. A 1989 Colt 703, purchased new in 1989. My first high quality slipjoint, and other than a Schrade scrimshaw stockman that I found sometime in the 1990s, my only slipjoint for maybe 25 years or so. I never really carried the Schrade, but I carried this one a lot for many years. As you can see, the paint is worn off the shield and the bolsters are a bit dinged up. Just a darn fine knife!

51395991003_55bc8948e5_b.jpg

Very nice! I have a litter mate to that one. Pretty sure it's a V5V4 based on the distinctive plunge line, tang, and kick, making it the first of the two-dots. Looks as if you may have done what I did and reduced the thickness of the blade immediately behind the edge.

It's a V5V4 as far as I know. The blade was already like that when I got it.

~Wouter

Buck 501 S30V, small handy knife)) I have been using it constantly for several years, very convenient. The only thing I do not like is that if you do not hold the blade when closing, then it hits the spring and the cutting edge in this place folds to the side. I'm sharpening ~ 15 degrees, maybe I need to sharpen 25-30 degrees to make the blade more strength?

Back