What Buck are you carrying today?

Small Folding Selkirk today.

e45228e5fa51258c33bcc5d10b08efe7.jpg

Today I received my Buck Avid Vantage Force back from warranty after a month of waiting. Blade still off-center (common issue with Vantage knives, figure it out Buck!) but at least you can actually open it with the flipper. So that is what I carried today.

My 486 in ORANGE! Best everyday carry knife ever and easy to spot when I drop it in the woods!

photo_zpsoyhwqtm3.jpg

20160330_191116_zpshvp5ofpc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160330_191150_zpsma2mkucq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160330_191049_zpsxjlhsnrz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]My standby EDC. Everyday unless I am on a plane. Love these knives.

Second one down on the left a 346

The third one down on the right is the one Buck can't seem to get the blade centered (and not rubbing one side) on AND have it open smoothly. I get one or the other but not both. Meanwhile my China made knives are perfectly centered and open as smooth as silk (Spydero Tenacious and Real Steel E77). Too bad, it's a nice looking knife and I'd love to pick up another Vantage with G10 scales but not if they can't even get it centered after having it a month for repair.

Just looked at mine and it isn't centered but opens easy. Have a harder time getting it out of my pocket because of the rough scales. Only use it with old jeans.

20160210_145121_zpsmlaqnv0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160210_145155_zps9f1pigrw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mines perfect, great knife.

Carrying a nice vintage Camillus made Buck 301 today.

20160413_153740215_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at mine and it isn't centered but opens easy. Have a harder time getting it out of my pocket because of the rough scales. Only use it with old jeans.

Yea, not a great EDC because of the scales but the blade is awesome...which makes it all the more frustrating that they can't get the centering down. I played with it last night and got it centered better but of course it is not real smooth to open. That's probably as good as it will get unless I find some phosphor bronze washers to replace the cheap nylon ones they put on a $75 knife.

The 800 series Vantage knives have the same shape blade and it opens better than the 300 series (IMO). If you find any new washers let us Vantage owners know how they work.

The 800 series Vantage knives have the same shape blade and it opens better than the 300 series (IMO). If you find any new washers let us Vantage owners know how they work.

I actually fiddled with the adjustment last night making "micro" adjustments and was able to get it to a balance of function and position. It is off-center but not much and opens fairly well. If I knew Buck wasn't going to fix it I never would have sent it to them. So my frustration now is not as much with the knife but with Buck's service that they had it for a month but I still ended up having to fix it...

Anyway here it is, sharp looking knife and probably my best "slicer"

5AwHLGP.jpg

The usual: American Eagle Gent (which replaced my lost 55)-that's my "food knife"; cut an apple, etc-no dirty work.
Vantage Avid (I had the Select, dropped it and a week later it wouldn't open; sent it in told them I dropped it so maybe it was my fault and they sent me the Avid-love the scales).
BuckTool on my belt, use it almost every day at work. I stuck the Ruger GP 100 in there which is my EDC handgun, love how those grips look with the Vantage scales.

Stunning 112 and my first .357 was a 4" adj. sight version of that Ruger! The GP-100 was still relatively new to the line up then.

Buck and Ruger go together like Peas and Carrots. Hard working affordable tools for the common man. I love the 3" GP100 with the compact Lett grips. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks guys, I'm very haply with the GP100 myself, just got it a year or so ago. The 3" barrel is the perfect size for me, carry it everyday.

Back