What Buck are you carrying today?

Absolutely loving my old script 501. Love the stainless steel frame and bolsters — so much cleaner look than nickel silver — and the burgundy micarta seems so classy, somehow. And the fit and finish is better than my new Buck Custom Shop 501.

Now I just need to learn how to sharpen 440C.

I'm picking my Club 301..Then later to tonight I'll dig out the Sharp master and try to put a fresh razor edge on the BG42. It will be the first time I have sharpened it since I bought it.

Absolutely loving my old script 501. Love the stainless steel frame and bolsters — so much cleaner look than nickel silver — and the burgundy micarta seems so classy, somehow. And the fit and finish is better than my new Buck Custom Shop 501.]

Is this what you guys are referring to as a script 501? I'm not carrying this knife, it belongs to my wife of 54 years.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

R686Zvv.jpg

Last edited:
A little 284 with a Dodge Ram logo I bought a few years ago when I took my SRT-10 Quad cab in for service..

I have a 110 with stag and S30V from C&C today. Last night my daughter wanted to pick out what knives I carried today and that's one she wanted. The "deer horn is pretty and I can have nature with me all day". She's the sweetest little girl in the world...my world at least :thumbsup:

I've been carrying this two dot since I traded my dad for it back on Thanksgiving. I've been mostly carrying SAKs and little knives for the past few years, but I've really been enjoying the 110.

20181123_095755-1053x588.jpg

I'm trying to decide between a new Slim Select vs a Smoke Jumper to use for EDC though ~ This one is lovely, but it's kind of tough to pocket carry in slacks without getting some odd looks :oops: :rolleyes: :eek:

I've been carrying this two dot since I traded my dad for it back on Thanksgiving. I've been mostly carrying SAKs and little knives for the past few years, but I've really been enjoying the 110.

View attachment 1027668

I'm trying to decide between a new Slim Select vs a Smoke Jumper to use for EDC though ~ This one is lovely, but it's kind of tough to pocket carry in slacks without getting some odd looks :oops: :rolleyes: :eek:
Would a belt sheath get odd looks? But, yeah, I ususally carry something a little smaller and/or lighter when carrying in dress slacks pockets. A Buck 301 is about as big a knife as I will carry in dress slacks.

Would a belt sheath get odd looks? But, yeah, I ususally carry something a little smaller and/or lighter when carrying in dress slacks pockets. A Buck 301 is about as big a knife as I will carry in dress slacks.

I definitely couldn't swing a belt sheath... I've been carrying it vertical next to my cell phone which works most of the time. I'm thinking that same setup would work better with a lighter knife. I really don't like anything over 3.5" loose in my pocket, but the vertical next to the phone works Ok until I take it out.

Just smile and add a little strut to your walk....:rolleyes::p:eek:

:cool::D

I definitely couldn't swing a belt sheath... I've been carrying it vertical next to my cell phone which works most of the time. I'm thinking that same setup would work better with a lighter knife. I really don't like anything over 3.5" loose in my pocket, but the vertical next to the phone works Ok until I take it out.
The lighter knife might work for you. I don't have a 110 yet, but it's on my short list. I carry a trapper in a sheath right next to my phone, which is in a belt holster. Tried cell phone in a pocket, but couldn't stand it! ;)

Every once in a great while I will carry a Ecolite 112..One of best carry knives I have ever used..If the new Slim select carrys as well as that one I have a feeling Buck has a real winner in all the new 112's. I have found a oddball slim for the collection to try but its not home yet...

Back