1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What Buck are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by ScottK, Apr 8, 2016.

1. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Still my 110 pro with a little mod to the clip I cut it so it didn’t stick out pass the the handle I need to file and sand it a little more but that was one thing that bugged me about the knife.

E1B46F4C-0AFC-464E-B770-D891C4761DE0.jpeg 60934298-64F4-453C-81DC-FE1C3C8973E4.jpeg

2. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I'm going today with this little Sekidan I picked up on the bay..It's about the same weight and just a little smaller in blade size to my 112 and I like the little Samurai sword on the handle..

jmh33, Xr6x, jbmonkey and 1 other person like this.
  3. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    Forget to insert lol! 20190710_111302.jpg

4. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    this 110 dp in stag....

15627728353343912292061325233656.jpg

5. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    That is a great looking knife

Xr6x and jbmonkey like this.
  6. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    20190710_092705.jpg

7. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    nice work there on that clip.

digging the Krein regrind of the ultratech. looks like a good slicer now....

gunspease and Makael like this.
  8. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I love this knife. I'm not a big fan of stag or bone but that knife looks great

jbmonkey likes this.
  9. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Sacrilege. ;-)

Lesknife and jbmonkey like this.
  10. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    thank you Sir. I didnt use to care for it when I was younger but I came around. now stag and bone appeals to me. not sure when I changed or why. point is you may come around when ya get older like me.....;)

Lesknife likes this.
  11. Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    I feel old every day lol. My grandfather used to call me an "old soul" cause I always like things beyond my years...... Frank Sinatra, James Dean, Steve McQueen 50's to 70's era muscle cars..... That kinda thing :D:D just not stag:p

I knew somebody would want to start a petition to ban me from the buck forum.:p:p

12. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    One of my sons is in line to inherent some beautiful stag grips both gun and knives. As of now he won’t touch stag. Says it skeeves him out. I hope he comes around to liking it. Lol.

Today like every work day I carried a finger groove 110 from the 80’s

13. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    Banish him. LOL

When I was growing up a stag handle was always coveted by anyone I knew.

But the bone is plain so it really don't do much for me, unless it's jigged.
    Just the same I really don't care for plain ole black anything, but something about the impala jigged buffalo I came around to.

14. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Blasphemy!

When I was a youngster I saw my first stag handle fixed blade knife at a parade. A man was dressed up like a mountain man and had that big almost Bowie like knife with crown stag antler handle. It was the most impressive thing I’d ever seen couldn’t take my eyes off it. Beautiful! Ever since then I wanted to have a knife with stag. My first one was a 1989 BPS Buck 110 Damascus Stag. I still have it and probably my most prized knife I have.

pjsjr and jbmonkey like this.
  15. Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    Well when you guys were kids you probably harvested you handle materials after the natives took down a live mammoth. :eek::p:p:D. I'm just funnin.

Stag and bone look good on some things and it's only if it's done up correctly. Otherwise it looks like every cheap knockoff, Buck does it good for the most part but companies like Case and Boker some of their stuff looks like it's fresh from Pakistan. (Not derailing this thread)

16. AndrewH60

AndrewH60 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2019
    64997F19-5083-4A8B-90ED-3B6DC2C08EAF.jpeg Carrying a 110 for work at present

17. st8yd

Mar 6, 2009
    Ya the imitation stag looks bad.

Brhowser87 and Lesknife like this.
  18. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Giving my 110 Slim Pro Plus some pocket time today.
    IMG_0226_edited.jpg

19. Tpost

Tpost

Sep 15, 2013
  20. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    No...I'm not in a rut but I like my 112 Slim . But I really think I need to put a order in to Copper and Clad for the drop point version and maybe the Pro as well. 20190711_142302.jpg