What Cold Steel blade are you carrying today?

whp

Recon1 spearpoint, cts xhp , today.
Lawman yesterday.
Maybe Ultimate Hunter tomorrow.

I’ll get some pics up later. Just got an SR1 Tanto. While tuning it, I was thinking about Charlie Mike, and his “Fresno Felon” Spanto mod of the Spartan. Been a little bit since I have been on the boards. Logged in earlier, and learned of his passing. Shocked and saddened to say the least.

upnorth

Basic Member
A glance over my left shoulder reveals a Vic Ranger, Esee Izula, Vic Pioneer on a belt hanger, and a C.S. Lonestar.

razorburn

Gold Member
CTS-XHP Recon 1 Spear point

LgEuxFH.jpg

Last edited:
None. I like Cold Steel, and I love collecting their stuff, but for actual carry, I prefer my Spydercos. I don't do hard use with my knives, they're mostly for cutting boxes, opening letters and packages, cutting zip ties, etc. And nor do I carry one for self defense. So for what I do, something like the Native 5 is pretty much perfect.

Just a Code 4 Clip point cts xhp, slim trim and handy for EDC. I found one flaw in the design though, when using it bare handed at -40 degrees your fingers freeze and you have to grab the Recon 1 to finish the job. Won't mind one in the "Down Graded!" S35VN, good to have on in tanto maybe. The Clip Point version is a good one on this knife for some odd reason.

Recon 1 in S35VN, goes in my out side vest or jacket or packet. Need to get another one for hunting pack as is very versatile, maybe clip point for hunting.

In cold weather I end up carrying BOTH.

The Tri-Lock is the main reason I got these knives, strong and more safer for handling for more reassurance. Some one recently whined at me, "Those locks are TOO strong for what they are used for!" I just snapped back, "THAT'S the point!" Eh...IDGIOTS....

Still carrying my Recon 1 Tanto in the aus8 steel that I have had since 2013. I wish I could post a pic, but I am technologically disabled and can't figure out how to post pics. I have aptly dubbed this knife "Ye Olde Faithful". I have Benchmades, Zero Tolerances, SOGs all of which are good knives but I have always have the Recon 1 on me. Although it is heavily worn and has an outdated steel, it is tried and true. It has saved me from 2 attempted carjackings and an attempted robbery, all of which had multiple assailants. It is because of what I have experienced that I won't ever leave home without it. There are knives with much better steels, but the Recon 1 has been with me through thick and thin. It is the friend you can depend on in a bad situation. Solid spine with a blade that takes a wicked sharp edge and does not rust. The action is tight, has solid lockup that it feels almost like a fixed blade. You couldn't ask for a more reliable knife. I'm not knocking any other brands/companies, nor I am saying Cold Steel makes the best knives. The Recon 1 just happened to with me and in hand when I was in a bad situation. I recently gave a Recon 1 (S35VN version) to a female friend to carry for her protection. I'll never part with my aus8 knife, even though the Recon 1 has since then been upgraded and improved with CTS and S35VN steels. I guess you could say I have a bit of a sentimental attachment with it.

Last edited:
This one. Ive been searching high and low for one since they've been disco'd and I finally found one. I really wish CS would at least make this color pattern part of their lineup, maybe offer these as a "premium" line with whatever upgraded steel they are using at the time.
yVx4Q14.jpg

This one. Ive been searching high and low for one since they've been disco'd and I finally found one. I really wish CS would at least make this color pattern part of their lineup, maybe offer these as a "premium" line with whatever upgraded steel they are using at the time.
yVx4Q14.jpg
I have this. What a great knife! It's a bit on the large side, so I don't carry on a daily basis. But there are days, that it finds its way into my pocket.

whp

Today, for the first time in a while, I m carrying my Hold Out 2.
I still don t know why this knife didn t sell better and hang around. Light, thin, and a terrific slicer.