what cold steel do you carry?

I like Cold Steel just for the sheer variety, and for the general quality I can expect to get from their budget products. I tend to avoid the pricier items, if only because if I'm gonna spend that kind of money, there are other materials I'd prefer to get. But there's no faulting the quality. Most of my Cold Steel products are the ones you just can't get anywhere else at that price range. I own several Sure Strike throwing stars, and I have to say, you can't get much better than those for an affordable but high quality throwing star. I find the light ones are easier to stick than the heavier ones. I've got a couple tomahawks, like most of us, and who doesn't want a spear, right? Assegai for me, with the long haft. The short ones are great for those who are fans of Robert Jordan, and want an Aiel spear. I also have a safe keeper, peace keeper 2, kobun, and have gone through a few of the machetes, as well as the san mai kukri, since sold, along with a number of FGX products. By and large, I've been very happy with all of them. Thanks for the variety, and for the affordable price and good value.

This
DSCN15321_zpscf11cb10.jpg

I carry the Espada large with the Bowie Spike whenever I have to stay out late at night. A Recon 1 Tanto or Mini Tac Kiridashi will do for my day time edc.

My very first Cold Steel, the original Urban Pal, today I'm hooking it on my keyring...I wish they would remake this one, it's a tough little "punch dagger".

009-2.jpg

Thanks!
I'm excited to be here

Right now I'm carrying an old school Vaquero Grande.
I usually carry that or a new Voyager Vaquero but I'll switch it up every now and then with other knives

hello out of curiosity who is the representative of "I"? are there several employees who moderate this and youtube?

I work at Cold Steel HQ but I don't share my name online.
Not all of us like to be in front of the camera :D
Usually people just know me as "CS"
There are several employees who manage aspects of our social accounts but I'm the guy watching this forum
Happy to be here. Looks like it's going to be fun

Mainly the aluminum large espada, occasionally the rajah 2 or spartan. The Xl espada stays at home for the most part.

I work at Cold Steel HQ but I don't share my name online.
Not all of us like to be in front of the camera :D
Usually people just know me as "CS"
There are several employees who manage aspects of our social accounts but I'm the guy watching this forum
Happy to be here. Looks like it's going to be fun

ok thats awesome, thanks for the reply. noticed you stoped to look at my profile. so as much of a cold steel fan i am, i much felt better about "cold steel high performance knives" rather than "worlds strongest sharpest knives" because the sharpness has to do with who last sharpened it, ive gotten a brass knife to shave, and busse combat and their kin are much tougher and stronger, although i feel cold steel is the best place to go for folding knives lock strength if you dont want a benchmade axis lock (which also has to be broken to fold). also benchmade is also now recording they destruction in factory/hq testing so im not sure lynn saying theyre the only company to show proof is also 100 percent accurate. althoug "cold steel: reasonably adequate knives" doesnt have the same ring to it i personally may vote to change the slogan back to high performance knives because it seems a little less gimmicky or untrue i guess. because strong and sharp are just opinions. kinda like worlds lightest and largest knives would be.

Old School CS Voyager PE clip point, and I used to carry a PE Scimitar, until I broke the cilp, CS sent me a new clip, but the holes don't line up (weird huh? its for some o the newer models) and I find it difficult to carry anymore.

Our Facebook fan page does a weekly #KnifeThursday thing where he takes pics of the knives that our team carry here at Cold Steel HQ
Here's some of the knives that are in our pockets :)

thur_1.jpg

thur_2b.jpg

thur_3.jpg

thur_5.jpg

As you can see, the Voyagers and the Code 4 series are very popular among CS employees :thumbup: :thumbup:

Back