What CRK related items are you looking to buy/acquire/collect in 2017

I have the double. Got lucky over the years.

6dabb2e49924af559fa2904cb9bec55d.jpg

OH MY GOD......!!! Ok, I take them both, thanks! Hahahaa!
No seriously, congratulations.. This pair comes with force in my "wish list 2017"........

For me:

1. Large Regular Annual, preferably Damascus. Not sure which wood inlays...:)
2. Large 21 Bog Oak and Basketweave Damascus.

I would like a Mnandi and a Ti-Lock. I would also like to trade my Small Sebenza 21 w/ Micarta for a Small Sebenza 21 w/ Carbon Fiber Inlays... whenever bladehq gets more in stock.

Really liking the Basket Weave damascus with CF inlay models I think are a Blade HQ exclusive? They look so good with that blue stud...hopefully they do a run with blasted scales*coughcough

Something with spalted beech, probably a Mnandi or Small Sebenza. *Hoping* they offer new damascus patterns or improve the raindrop to the old tight pattern...I'd love for it to have some damascus other than basketweave or ladder.

I'd also love an Annual...

Something with spalted beech, probably a Mnandi or Small Sebenza. .

I am all about the Spalted Beech too. Kind of the best of Box Elder with a little feel of mammoth bark rolled into one.

Great, now I need to amend my list.

Wavicle didn't help with his recent "Fantastic Fungi" pics for us to drool over :p

Think the guitar one is "acoustic"

Helix lock....

screen capture windows

Nick

Thanks for the correction, for some reason I had those two transposed in my brain.

Also never realized there is a Chris Reeve wiki page. An excerpt from it explaining the difference for me...

Lock 45 – A folding knife lock, formed by a lock bar with recesses containing 45 degree angles mating with the rear of the blade. The lock bar / blade interface serves as both the blade stop and the lock mechanism.

Helix Lock – A modification of the Opinel folding knife ferrel lock, which enables one-handed opening and closing.

Thanks for the correction, for some reason I had those two transposed in my brain.

Also never realized there is a Chris Reeve wiki page. An excerpt from it explaining the difference for me...

Lock 45 – A folding knife lock, formed by a lock bar with recesses containing 45 degree angles mating with the rear of the blade. The lock bar / blade interface serves as both the blade stop and the lock mechanism.

Helix Lock – A modification of the Opinel folding knife ferrel lock, which enables one-handed opening and closing.

What kind of wood did they use on the helix?

I'm currently debating between an Umnumzaan and a Large 21 (Plain Jane). I will end up with both I'm sure. :D

2017 targets.

1) 21 Large double silver thumb studs with micarta inlays standard blade.
2) Mnandi in any flavour.

Hard to whittle down my wants but probably less than the 44 I purchased in the last quarter of 2016.

Back