Photos What custom is in your pocket today?

A few of my favorites.

oczCa0Nl.jpg

Bart Raeven parer
Niolox steel and olive wood

aUzPuL2l.jpg

Ray Laconico EZC
CPM154 steel, titanium and carbon fiber

HjYIjLUl.jpg

Mike McCarter Kephart
01 tool steel, Black Walnut

xEIqwqcl.jpg

Cohutta Strebig by Russell Reece.
A2 steel, boxwood

sfp5J1Bl.jpg

Jens Anso Neo
RWL-34 steel, anodized titanium.

@Hengelo_77 @Mike McCarter @Cohutta

Last edited:
^^^^^ One day I'll have one! Congrats!

(Wait, you went to Raphael's workshop!?!?!?) :eek::eek::D

^^^^^ One day I'll have one! Congrats!

(Wait, you went to Raphael's workshop!?!?!?) :eek::eek::D
Hello Michael,
The knife was available for shipment for several weeks but Raphael was anxious to ship it owing to Covid (insurance and delivery against signature not possible). Eventually, last week, I went to Raphael's workshop in Thiers and spent a very nice moment visiting his workshop and chatting with him.

Lucky man please tell him to make me one lol!! Iv wanted some of his work for awhile
Now not easy to come by. Congrats on a beautiful knife

Hello Michael,
The knife was available for shipment for several weeks but Raphael was anxious to ship it owing to Covid (insurance and delivery against signature not possible). Eventually, last week, I went to Raphael's workshop in Thiers and spent a very nice moment visiting his workshop and chatting with him.

What a great visit! Maybe one day :) ............

image.jpeg The Gold knife is all custom with 7" S-90-V blade. The blue knife is a factory handle with a custom Sellite 6-K blade. The Celtic braid is one of my EDC's.image.jpeg

Last edited:
This exquisite mother of pearl handled front lock by French Maker GUILLAUME DUCASSE
and the equally exquisite clipped back sheath made for the knife by CEDAR GROVE LEATHER a young woman on ETSY. It is of black, pebble grained, Italian vegetable tanned leather with the gray interior of goat leather. This is as fine a leather slip I have ever owned and is a perfect suit for the refined GD folder.

Last edited:
Here's a great piece by J.D. Ware. I picked it up at his shop when I was studying Spanish in Mexico a few years ago. He does things old school and uses a lot of cool materials that he souces locally. Really nice guy and a very skilled maker.
IMG_0061.jpg

rover rover great looking knife I'm on his list for a small stag drop point really
Looking forward to receiving it!! How is the pull stiff or smooth?

rover rover great looking knife I'm on his list for a small stag drop point really
Looking forward to receiving it!! How is the pull stiff or smooth?

Nice! I love his stag.

I would say a smooth medium pull. It's snappy without cracking fingernails

Back