1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What did ya'll get into this weekend?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by falcon72, Nov 24, 2008.

1. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    Decided to go out for an adventure and try to harvest some Fatwood. Was harder than I thought as I only took my Estwing Hatchet and RC-4. After messing around with a 1 yr old stump without much luck, found an older one but was hard to get to the good stuff at the base. Finally had some luck although it was not as much 'pure' Fatwood as I was expecting. But after the hard work, I enjoyed a Dogfish Head Inperial IPA. A good, hoppy IPA that was medium bodied and crisp but with an intersting chocolate/coffee aftertaste that was a surprise for a lighter beer.

Anyone else do anything intersting?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    hell I worked all Weekend as usuall :thumbdn:

Drank a few stellas on Sunday evening during the game.

That 90 minute IPA is one of my favorites. I don't consider it light though:eek:

3. Marcelo Cantu

Marcelo Cantu

Jan 18, 2003
    I love Stella! We entertained both days sandwiched by clean-up on either ends and in between. I drank mostly wine.

4. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    Hey Tony, that's what I'd call job security these days:D

That 90 minute IPA is now on the top of my list. I guess it seemed stronger than it looked:p

5. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    Worked 24hrs on Sat, shot my bow, and drank beer while smoking a ham yesterday. Today, im gonna get out for some handgun and bow shooting, and maybe some bowdrill practice.

6. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    it was a busy weekend for us as usual...:eek: did a little shopping for thanksgiving and spent the whole day yesterday at the beach....:D it's been waaay nice over here lately.. in the 60's and 70's during the day and bitter at night... you gotta love the CALI. weather...:D

7. falcon72

falcon72

Mar 11, 2008
    Man Mike, I am jealous. 23 degress here Sat morn when I went out. BTW, that fatwood you guys found the other day inspired my short adventure. I've been working on an idea that requires some fresh fatwood. ;) But what I found was not quite as sticky as I thought it would be...

8. theedge13

theedge13

Feb 11, 2008
    Schneider Weiss for me! Love that stuff! :thumbup:

9. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    I went to Ohio, went canoeing, kayaking, had Thanksgiving with the wife's parents and scored a buttload of Orange Osage. I post a thread about it tomorrow. I'm fackin tired. We just got in. I'm takin my "end of the drive deuce" right now.

10. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I was in Florida. We had fun despite being in Florida though.