What did you use your SAK for today?

Used the Lumberjack saw to take care of a couple of rogue vine maples popping up in my flower beds.

4-DEC3-DA1-4669-4-DE8-A893-0-BF4-F39-FC87-C.jpg
What are vine maples? Never heard the term before.

I use my SAK frequently in my various beds, often for digging out a weed because I'm too lazy to get the proper tool.

Big day for my SAKs today...

Used the nail file on my Cadet on some jagged fingernails.

Used the scissors on my Manager to trim some dried cuticles.

Used the knife on my One-handed Trekker to open a plastic envelope from Amazon...
... Which contained a yellow Classic SD which I unfortunately have to return, because the nail file is pressed too close to the blade. Opening the nail file actually moves the blade because they're so tight. My pink Classic SD is stranded in a client's office, which is off limits due to pandemic. I really need one to have on me. Might try again in a different color.

In the last two days, I used my Small Tinker to dig out some wild violets in my yard (turf area), cut the tops off 12 and 24 packs of soft drink packaging, slice an opening to retrieve some beer bottles from packaging and still leave enough support to lift it with the packaging, screw tightly my one lens onto a camera monopod (hand tight wasn't enough) quick release plate, open some shipping boxes and mail, scrape a few things... it gets used more than you think for a little knife.

Forgot to mention cutting (harvesting) broccoli and squash off the plants in the garden. The SAK seems to work real well for such things with the thin blade.

Last edited:
I had my pocket watch looked at, I thought the battery had gone dry. The idiot in the shop put the case lid back on upside down jamming up the crown so I couldn't adjust it. Driving home I pass the watch and my Spartan over to my wife, the awl pops the case open easily, by the time I get out of the car my watch is working perfectly.

It's that time of year when I often find myself needing a saw, so I'm keeping my Walker in my pocket. Last couple of days I've needed to trim a 1.5" wild cherry branch that was hanging too low and snagging on my tractor, and a 1" elm that was growing in the middle of a hazelnut bush. It's amazing what that tiny 2.5" saw can do.

40615831023_cc8800db12_b.jpg

Back