What did your SAK do today?

I just cannot get along with the combo tool. It will work, but I feel like the standard Vic can opener design is so much easier to use. The bantam being so thin probably made it even worse.

Not trying to be negative but just my opinion.

I'm still reserving judgement on it. Seems to compromise, 1 so-so driver replacing two solid ones. But as for can opening, it did a decent job and left less sharp can edges. I think the regular toplifter tool is really good though...

TINKER...in the final phase of a mailbox replacement project, I needed a stubby #2 Philips screwdriver. Went to get one out of a tool cabinet in laundry room but when I opened the cabinet door, there was the old beater TINKER with the nylon/economy scales where we always keep it. No need to look any further...TINKER to the rescue!!!

John

I don't mind using the comb tool on my Bantum but it's a cellidor model and a little thicker than the also version. It does a good job on cans once you get the hang of it.

Jim

While I was offline I repaired my old glasses with some brass wire using the pliers on my Swiss Champ.

SC%20Repair_zpsralqhrfw.jpg

While I was offline I repaired my old glasses with some brass wire using the pliers on my Swiss Champ.

That's a SAK task you don't see every day! :cool::cool:

Here's a SAK task I DO see almost every day. This is an old photo, but it will be replicated very soon after I head home from work! Pioneer and porter: perfect pair! ;)
GlxF050l.jpg

- GT

Oh, this was last night, not this morning!! :eek::D:eek:
Used my Electrician to prepare my supper beverage; I wanted to show the knife earning its keep.

TvAoh3rl.jpg

- GT

Used the back edge of the Pioneer for drawing straight lines on a diagram I was working on away from my desk last night.
Used scissors on the Minichamp to cut the top off a bag of frozen corn so I could put some into my breakfast oatmeal this morning.
Classic was on the bathroom counter, so I used its scissors to trim some peeling skin from the side of my thumbnail. (That's a winter task that I resent still having to mess with more than halfway through May! :mad:)

- GT

I used the straight pin from my Compact to clean the jets in my Honda Lawnmower carburator.

Those large screwdriver/caplifters are hard at work! Mine is no exception. Yesterday it scraped the battery terminals on the wife's car when it wouldn't start...

3C282AA1-EA6D-499A-9A8E-1E1E74B55CD0_zpsjb1boxwz.jpg

Back