What do I have here?

I picked this little blade up at a local knife shop Saturday and I was wondering what it is called and an aproximate age for it? Its a cool piece and I was thinking of sending it in to JSP for some Rigger coating and a new sheath. Here are the specs:

1/4" thick blade measures 3", overall knife is 7 1/2". Really heavy duty piece with what appears to be a skull crusher on the pommel. Handles look like wood but could be some kind of composite. Blade is marked JSP #000. Does that mean its like the first one or just the first of this model? The sheath is kydex covered with leather and has a belt/boot clip attached. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm a big fan of James' knives and work. I currently have 2 Snody's with the Rigger coating and a few other knives I'm thinking of having coated. I also have the shoulder rig and an EQ bag. I love JSP's products. Also looking to add a Defcon to the collection one day :)
michael

Attachments

• jsp knife.jpg
    jsp knife.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 421
very cool. Michael send James an email with a picture of the knife and he will give you all the details you want. He does not check his email often but he will get back to you.

Michael

Actually thats the same knife. I saw the knife in a local knife store a while back and I took pics of it and posted it on the USN. I finally broke down and bought it. Glad I got it :) Thanks for all the info guys!
michael

Back