What do you buy if.....

I think I'd put the money in my Omega⌚fund. I've known for years it's the watch I want, I've just never been willing to even consider spending that kind of money. Not sure what changed; but, while I've decided to do it, I'm still not willing to just drop the cash. It's an extravagance; so I'll save for it - extra shifts, knife sales, unused fun money, etc.
Maybe I'm just hoping I come to my senses before I get there.

I think I'd put the money in my Omega⌚fund.
Omega-Speedmaster-50th-Silver-Snoopy-2023-16.jpg

Why do you have to spend it and/or hide the fact that you have it from your wife/GF?

If there's nothing you need/want to buy for yourself, theres' no reason to spend it.

But, if you don't already share financial info w/your wife/GF (which is very unusual if you're married but not required w/a GF) & if you want to make "points" her, you can tell her that you came into a little $ and ask her if there's anything she'd like you to buy for her w/it & buy what she asks for.

Sit on the money.
Wait like a vulture with a fat wallet for that epic buy to come along.
When it does, you’ll be ready.
And not saying “I wish I had the cash….”

That epic buy will be much more rewarding than buying something for the sake of buying something.

BTW, that epic buy could be for her too :)

G Grumpy Old Man com'ere - I wanna rub your head for luck. Having found that box of forgotten funds (was that the inspiration for this thread?), dug out my tube of stashed cash, and started honoring my per diem commitment at my old job, I came across a pre-owned Omega (SeaMaster) Aqua Terra Golf. While I hadn't been considering a black dial, it has the vertical teak pattern I would have chosen... and the green script & numbers look nice on the black background.
I think I'm going to do it.

If was cash I would add to my stash I have hidden here. If it was a check, i would deposit it and probably put it towards a Cheburkov.

I stash any cash I get for emergencies. Sitting on $2400 currently, but I pretend it doesn't exist. When it gets to $24k I'll buy a second car, something fun.

Thankfully I'm divorced. However, with the new job coming, and my mother splitting time between here and Colorado, I'm going to be added to the deed to the house, and will be responsible for utilities and splitting the property tax. Which sucks. I've never wanted a house. I don't like permanency. I like to be able to pick up and go. Ugh. Taxes are $8000 a year. Thank God there is no mortgage.

Back