What do you drive?

Thanks.

2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500. Has had a little work done to her, that isn’t really obvious until you park her beside a stock one.

Here she is next to her older sister - 1990 ZX-10. The original cruise middle, and the one that kicked off the HP and top speed wars in the 90’s

sPehPAR.jpg

tNnSaOV.jpg

g2XtR6v.jpg

HTQLjoD.jpg
Kawa Davidson

Can't drive any more. Currently own a 2011 Kia Sorento SX. I have a pic with nearly every car I've owned, but the Sorento. Except with my ex-wife, and I don't want to put that.

Oops, just found on. The day I finally got home for good from the hospital and subsequent rehab home. Not a great pic of the car, but whatever.

JwTPtY8.jpg

So that's now, fixin to turn 40 in April. Here's my first car at age 16. I paid a whopping $150!

FirstCar.jpg

Geez, a Chevy Citation. Haven't seen one of them in ages.

Those citations could be fun cars if you knew what you were doing....
Had a couple of them in X-11 trim, with the 2.5 liter, tune port v6. My father and I built them for SCCA autocross and road racing. Surprised a lot of high school gear heads with the cars we put together.

I wish mine had been an X-11. I had the standard 3.1L 6. But for $150...

Transmission went after 6 months.

Next car was my parents Chevy Astro (88, on its last legs) for a month ish. Then my big pimpin car...1987 Chrysler 5th Ave.

Fifthavenue.jpg

Okay, I have a problem. I want to get a Honda Ridgeline. It fits my specific needs. I don't tow anything. But I use the bed constantly for lawn equipment, dump runs, small loads of mulch, dirt and stone to maintain 4 properties I have. I need AWD because we do get awful snowstorms, but a somewhat maintained logging road is the roughest I'll go for "off roading".

It has a low ride height which is good for my arthritis and for my two Mastiffs to get in and out.

According to the test drives, it rides and drives wonderfully and I put about 20,000 miles a year on my vehicle. Almost all solo or with the dogs.

While its not the cheapest mid-size pickup, with any kind of options, it pretty much is midrange and cheaper than the new Ranger.

But I don't know if I could live withe the shame.

Okay, I have a problem. I want to get a Honda Ridgeline. It fits my specific needs. I don't tow anything. But I use the bed constantly for lawn equipment, dump runs, small loads of mulch, dirt and stone to maintain 4 properties I have. I need AWD because we do get awful snowstorms, but a somewhat maintained logging road is the roughest I'll go for "off roading".

It has a low ride height which is good for my arthritis and for my two Mastiffs to get in and out.

According to the test drives, it rides and drives wonderfully and I put about 20,000 miles a year on my vehicle. Almost all solo or with the dogs.

While its not the cheapest mid-size pickup, with any kind of options, it pretty much is midrange and cheaper than the new Ranger.

But I don't know if I could live withe the shame.

If it makes you feel any better... and pardon my long windedness...

I get a new-used car every 7-8 years for my everyday driver which takes care of 90% of my everyday responsibilities (not including my fun vehicles). Therefore, I ask a friend who is a technician who's (worked on semi's, drag cars, work trucks, etc. of most different makes, mileages (some around 500k miles) and years over the last 25 years) about what the next new-used car I should keep my eye out for when mine gets near 200k. He also speaks with technicians/mechanics from many different dealers, brands, etc. through certification courses. He has an old GM pickup, a couple 1000+ HP F-body drag cars, and uses an old Toyota Corolla for his everyday driver. His most recent suggestion for an everyday vehicle brand was Honda.

BMW 740il
740il.jpg

Solid car for it's age. Inexpensive since at it's age there is a huge aftermarket for parts and I do my own wrenching. Still a very fun car to drive. My wife has my Sequoia SUV (307k miles and still going strong). She took it after her Jeep died and we decided not to put another engine in it. Recently, a friend of the family gave me a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder that her children had dogged. I'm rebuilding the rear suspension and installing a new driveshaft. Replace a few body panels, buff it out and it will be a very nice truck.

Back