Off Topic What do you like to drink?

As some of you may know I like Tequila and Max likes Rum. If i have my choice (and i usually do) I prefer Don Julio over Jose Cuervo. Every now and then I like to sip on Patron. IMO 1800 is great for margaritas provided your using grand mariner in place of triple sec but only on hot days, or whilst enjoying some Mexican cuisine. I am curious to what all of you like to drink. Maybe it's your favorite brew of suds, or a cocktail you have to get you started and drink on the regular. whatever it is let us know I would like to get to know the tipsy side of you!!!

I liked the Don Julio Double Cask Lagavulin well enough that I bought a whole case while it's still available. As good as the 1942, in my opinion. For whatever that's worth. And to my taste, much better than the Anejo. But I'd still pick any variety of Don Julio over pretty much any other Tequila I've tried.

I also like that it's cheaper than most of the Scotch that I favor. (Lagavulin, Arberlour A'bunadh, and stuff like that).

I also like the fact that my favorite rye - Sazerac Rye - is less than half the price of the Don Julio. It's nice for sipping straight, and on the rocks, it's a nice substitute for iced tea on a hot summer day.

Same goes for Captain Morgan Black, which I think is really good for not a lot of money. I definitely don't want to drink any Scotch or tequila in that price range, but I'm always happy to have Captain Morgan Black, either straight up or on the rocks.

For vodka, straight up and chilled, Chopin wins out in a side-by-side against everything else I've tried. But in a mixed drink, Luksusowa will do just fine.

For a cocktail, I'm partial to a Gibson (a Martini with a cocktail onion instead of an olive) made with Monkey 47 Gin and Cardamaro instead of vermouth. Or just a regular Gibson, since no one has Monkey 47 or Cardamaro. Bloody Marys are nice too.

For beer, I drink Shiner Bock because I'm a Texican. But I secretly like Dos Equis Ambar better. And I really miss the days when I could find Old Peculier, which is one of the best beers I know but is no longer sold anywhere near where I live. Another best beer I know is Delirium Nocturnum, which I somewhat prefer to the also outstanding Delirium Tremens. I'm also pretty fond of Shiner Prickly Pear, which I get whenever it's in season.

Now you know everything about me that's worth knowing.

Clynelish single malt, neat. Balvenie double wood, neat. Don Julio Anejo, neat. Bombay Sapphire with tonic water and a twist of lime. Eagle Rare, neat. Chritistian Brothers Brandy with a spritz of Cointreau.
(Ratzeputz in the A.M. for the hangover:D)

All this tequila talk and no mention of Herradura ? Mighty fine. I think I like it more than the Patron.

I mostly drink beer these days. I only drink IPA’s.

if I venture into my liquor cabinet it’s to pour some Redbreast. If I’m at a bar Tullamore Dew or Crown Royal can suffice.

I liked the Don Julio Double Cask Lagavulin well enough that I bought a whole case while it's still available. As good as the 1942, in my opinion. For whatever that's worth. And to my taste, much better than the Anejo. But I'd still pick any variety of Don Julio over pretty much any other Tequila I've tried.

I also like that it's cheaper than most of the Scotch that I favor. (Lagavulin, Arberlour A'bunadh, and stuff like that).

I also like the fact that my favorite rye - Sazerac Rye - is less than half the price of the Don Julio. It's nice for sipping straight, and on the rocks, it's a nice substitute for iced tea on a hot summer day.

Same goes for Captain Morgan Black, which I think is really good for not a lot of money. I definitely don't want to drink any Scotch or tequila in that price range, but I'm always happy to have Captain Morgan Black, either straight up or on the rocks.

For vodka, straight up and chilled, Chopin wins out in a side-by-side against everything else I've tried. But in a mixed drink, Luksusowa will do just fine.

For a cocktail, I'm partial to a Gibson (a Martini with a cocktail onion instead of an olive) made with Monkey 47 Gin and Cardamaro instead of vermouth. Or just a regular Gibson, since no one has Monkey 47 or Cardamaro. Bloody Marys are nice too.

For beer, I drink Shiner Bock because I'm a Texican. But I secretly like Dos Equis Ambar better. And I really miss the days when I could find Old Peculier, which is one of the best beers I know but is no longer sold anywhere near where I live. Another best beer I know is Delirium Nocturnum, which I somewhat prefer to the also outstanding Delirium Tremens. I'm also pretty fond of Shiner Prickly Pear, which I get whenever it's in season.

Now you know everything about me that's worth knowing.

That's some good stuff there. I also enjoy a nice Dos Equis Amber as well. bloody Mary's well I like bloody Maria's instead. I like the Kracken when it comes to Black Spiced rum, but I love Private Stock for regular spiced rum.

I am a beer guy and I am pretty much nondenominational. For pure flavor enjoyment I really like beers in the Fat Tire range. Sometimes I like a good hoppy IPA like a Firestone Luponic Distortion to wake up the ol' tastebuds. Occasionally something fruity like a Pyramid Apricot ale hits the spot. But for regular, every day, working in the garage, turning wrenches or washing down a plate of tacos, I like Bud Light.

I hear Dihydrogen Monoxide is really dangerous stuff, especially when it gets in your lungs, but I'm a sucker for it.
Other than that, I've been known to frequent the whiskey section and varying liquor sections at the local state store... I really like a good coffee liquor too.
For beers, I can't take those nasty hoppy stuff. Porter and stouts are nice, or wheat beers are refreshing. Been known to share a fruity beer with the wife as well - we don't do a lot of quantity.

I'm a bourbon hound...but once the weather is consistently warm; my taste switches to tequila. (I can drink tequila any time; but bourbon doesn't taste quite right to me in the summer)

I hear Dihydrogen Monoxide is really dangerous stuff, especially when it gets in your lungs, but I'm a sucker for it.
Other than that, I've been known to frequent the whiskey section and varying liquor sections at the local state store... I really like a good coffee liquor too.
For beers, I can't take those nasty hoppy stuff. Porter and stouts are nice, or wheat beers are refreshing. Been known to share a fruity beer with the wife as well - we don't do a lot of quantity.

I too like a Stout or Porter when I'm drinking beer

I'm a name dropper, I like Bacardi... I'm pretty sure the first explorers of the swamp had it along for medicinal purposes...

Mine favorite drink in the world is ice cold water, followed very closely by sweet iced tea.:D..........................................:p

Iced coffee, black, for me please.
I’m addicted lol

Vodka, nothing but the best, Tito’s (Austin,Tx)

Im into whatever is around other than that, Eagle Rare, Old Bird Dog, Oban, now I did really enjoy the peanut butter whisky Skrewball. Picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace. And Barrenjager.

not overly into beers, my stomach is valuable real-estate, limited volume to I don’t bother with beer unless it’s Not your Fathers rootbeer and even then, I put whisky in it.

and I try for a gallon of water a day.....

Jack Daniel's Green Label, neat.

I also enjoy seltzer water.

best

mqqn

Back