What does A 01 mean on my new sebbie?

Just got my new small sebenza and noticed a letter number on the inner scales " A 01 ". What does it mean. I've got an Umfaan to and it has nothing on the inner scales.

Mine says "DOO". Have no idea what it means. Isn't it odd. It's kinda like a new baby. You look over EVERY SQUARE INCH of it's body. Man! Some of us are nuts! (I was looking in the mirror as I typed that!)
smile.gif

Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 05-11-2001).]

The numbers are just batch and year numbers that CRK uses for their own reference. The 01 should mean that your scales were made in 2001.

Yup, just as Johnny says. Our machinist, Merlin, has his own "code" for keeping track of what gets made, when it was made. It has no relevance to when the knife gets completed or anything else and !

Anne

Should the two halves numbers match? Ive got a CGG Aztec and one side is A 00 while the other is B 00, I assume that it is done this way on the decorated models? On my plain model both #'s match.

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary
telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it
meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the
cat. " AE

The batching numbers don't necessarily match. Faces are selected for decorated knives right at the beginning of the process. The graphics get machined in batches too and those faces might sit on the shelf for a different period of time than regular faces.

Nothing to worry about!!

Anne

Back