1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What folder does this group EDC?

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by wfochris, Mar 20, 2011.

1. wfochris

wfochris

Dec 12, 2010
    I keep the Izula in my EDC pouch, but am currently in between pocket folders.

Terrible place to be.

Was a Spyderco tenacious; good knife.

[​IMG]

What are you carrying?

2. adaman04

adaman04

Jun 9, 2009
    We had a big folder thread a while back that might pop up in the search.

I'm still carrying a Kershaw Leek. I've thought about switching a bunch of times but I just really like the knife. Not a hard use blade but a great knife.

[​IMG]

3. sdg

sdg

Jun 14, 2010
    Until yesterday I carried an Emerson Commander. I'm now on day two of carrying my HEST/F. I'm really digging it so far.

4. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    ZT 0350 and CRK small sebenza.

5. Col. Cornelius

Col. Cornelius

May 20, 2009
    I carry either:

Benchmade Mini Bone Collector (newest)
    Benchamde Bone Collector, full size
    Benchmade Presidio 520
    Benchmade Osbourne 943

My favorite so far is the mini bone collector. It is just a great knife. Not too small, not too big. Stout for its size and the sculptured G10 feels great in the hand.

6. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    I carry a slip joint everyday. If it was good enough for my dad, and his dad, and his dads dad, and so on, it's good enough for me. Plus I just think they're cool.

It's a Lanny's Clip made by Keith Johnson.

[​IMG]

7. BASR

BASR

Jun 29, 2010
    For right now, my favorite EDC folder is the Benchmade 710. Looks simple yet sophisticated. The recurve blade is nice. I just like it in general.

8. ajbuckelew

ajbuckelew

May 22, 2010
    I got a Benchmade Bedlam (860BK Manual) and I just love it :), not sheeple friendly though but I don't care haha it's a hell of a knife and sharpens up very nicely

9. mikieg

mikieg Banned BANNED

Feb 2, 2011
    Cold steel tylite baby!

10. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    I started with the Spyderco Tenacious when I first started carrying. It is indeed a good knife, and a good overall value.

I always carry the Izula along with at least two folders. Those I rotate depending on what I expect to need that day (and my mood). Here's the folder models that see the most carry time:

Spyderco Sage (#1 favorite - the perfect folder)
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Spyderco Manix 2
    Spyderco Delica 4
    Benchmade Mini Grip
    Spyderco Cat
    Spyderco Dragonfly

11. thirdeye

thirdeye

May 31, 2008
    My EDC folder is a Husky box cutter from Home Depot. I find that I don't replace the blades that often either. I just sharpen them. The Izulla II is always around my neck though in case I come across something that exceeds the Husky's capabilities.

[​IMG]

12. Lost Cosmonaut

Lost Cosmonaut

Mar 10, 2011
    HEST/F at the moment, plus a couple SAKs.

13. artichokie

artichokie

Oct 24, 2010
    I either carry:
    Swiss Army Tinkerer
    Benchmade mini-Griptilian
    Spyderco g10 dragonfly

I'm like min-grip the best though :)

14. RSnyder

RSnyder

Dec 5, 2010
    Buck/TOPS CSAR and a Spyderco 79mm Rescue. Cut a seatbelt just the other night with the latter. Forgot I even had the Buck.

15. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    Obligatory SAK, and a Bradley Kimura III (great bali BTW, but it may be see the secondary market as I just can't seem to get into flipping).

16. hiwa

hiwa

Jun 7, 2009
    Buck Vantage
    Spyderco Persistance
    Buck 301 slip-joint

17. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I EDC'd a Mini CQC7 for years, but now I have a couple spyderco folders that I cycle through... ParaII & Sage II being the two main ones. Occasionally, I'd have a Benchmade one me ... a Kulgera or an Osbourn 940.

18. crobbins88

crobbins88

Jul 14, 2007
    Coldsteel mini ak-47
    [​IMG]

19. bigboy40cal

bigboy40cal

Dec 21, 2010
    For the most part I switch between a Benchmade Barrage (580) and a Spyderco Tenacious along with my Leatherman Juice s2. From time to time I take my CRKT Ignition or Spyderco Smallfly. I also carry a Gerber Fast Draw at work, as a beater. Still kicking for the hell I put it through. Planning get an Izula and 3 to become my main EDC blades though. An ESEE and a Leatherman....bring on the world......

20. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Spyderco G10 UKPK