What Handle are you putting on your comp V8 ?

CF or black...CF or black... can only afford 1 , back n forthing between pics for days :confused:

Then theres the handle color dilemma, my head hurts

Black and Tan G10, and if I get nutz and order more than one (could happen), a Green Canvas too.

I wish there were examples of the colors cut to the V8 handle shape.

The colors can look very different depending on the handle shape.
I think the closest match will be on the TG. Both are symmetrical and appear nearly of the same thickness.

I wish there were examples of the colors cut to the V8 handle shape.

The colors can look very different depending on the handle shape.

Yup...and the colored plys can affect how the CNC texturing cut into the handles looks...it can make it look like a totally different knife!!!

Here's a good example on my MO BURP...the red & black plys kinda interrupt the graceful wave-like pattern machined into the slabs a bit:
jVMSwWF.jpg

i6Dwg8W.jpg

Now notice how much more prominent the "waves" appear on deke's:
p1010751c-jpg.793907

now look how dramatically different the handle looks with other different colored plys on Walll's BURP:
6DAekLG.jpg

My point being, I can't really tell the true texture of what pattern has been machined into the FMV8's slabs without a shot of a "plain" handle material.

Black and Tan G10. It looks too great!

The next question is....what kinda pants? Thinking Kydex must be the way to go since it has two sharp edges...

I went with desert bronze and green canvas. Should be interesting. May order another in CF and green/black g10.

I was going to go with black and tan but with getting in on the Nuclear Option I don't have to worry about picking one anymore.

End up with 4x cf's and g10 on all

Tan black
Blue black
Orange black
Black

Thinking about a 5th either cf and red black g10 or coated blade desert bronze and black g10.

Anyone have a CT blade with the desert bronze coating?

I really liked the picture of the black blade and maroon handle, so that's what I went with...maroon canvas.

Back