What happened to photopoint

Hey guys who here knows what happened to photopoint. I have like 120 Busse pictures there that I pay monthly to post. My computer crashed before I could back them up and now photopoint is the only place I can get them. If anyone knows what happened please tell me.

Ryu:

Not sure myself, however there was a long thread about this fairly recently in the main discussion forum. Maybe one of those photopoint users has some answers? Best of luck....

Ryu,
What I have read, they are gone. But I also read in one
of the forums that Photopoint is going to put it back up
for people to retrieve their pictures. I doubt it though.
I started a new account at Imagestation. It's free.

Good luck with getting your pics. I am constantly checking
because I lost 4 pics there that I can't find in my hard drive.
Take care,

I can't believe people actually paid money to post their pictures with that second-rate hosting service! There are so many other options available that are better services and FREE! Try ImageStation and Webshots. Although Webshots is currently moving their servers (to be completed 01/12/2002). Photopoint just kept getting worse and worse...and then they started CHARGING for it! :barf:

--Robert

I didn't mind paying for the use of Photopoint. It was still cheap. I don't see that it ever "got worse". Now I have opened an imagestation account. Photopoint was much easier to use except for the fact that imagestation lets you upload pics direct from your computer, which I really like.
Any decent pics I got are going on a backup disc from now on, regardless of what online service I use. Learned that lesson:(

Back