What happened to the Air Marshal thread.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggest you folks check out the other posts on this.

And climb down off your war wagons.

Recommend you review House Rules.

No flames. If you wish to offer commentary do so objectively and in a positive manner.

:)

There won't be any more deleted threads.

Anyone who deletes threads will most likely have their moderator privileges suspended. (I only say most likely as Spark will be the final arbiter in such cases, but they won't be taken lightly.)

No individual "house rules" apply. BladeForums.com rules are what apply.

Please report any future problems or violations to Spark, myself, Cougar or Ken Cook.

Blues, since no individual house rules apply does this mean that mods can still withold their email and/or private message features which make it impossible for forum members to contact them privately? Thanks.

I agree with Greg's war-wagon remark...this is becoming more than it really needs to be IMHO.

I invited Greg to moderate a forum bearing his name, with Kevin's advance permission. Perhaps I could have been more dilligent in advising Greg as to some of the pre-exisitent policies here, but failed to do so. My bad. I don't believe Greg has ever visited the Back-End Forum, where most of our regs as moderators are posted. I'm not taking ownership for some of Greg's choices, but I do wish to admit that I could have been more thorough, as this forum's creation was essentially at my request.

I am extremely greatful that Greg has decided to volunteer his time, expertise, and long-standing industry experience with BladeForums...I believe most members would agree that he has only contributed good things.

I also respect the thoughts of the Super-Mods and other Mods here on the subject of deletions...many of whom have come to my aid on MANY occasions, with BladeForums policies being upheld. I would have loved for some threads about American Tomahawk to have been deleted, but had to endure their existence.

If possible, I encourage all to let bygones by bygones pending consistent adherence to BladeForums's policies.

Greg's not the bad guy here...he now knows the policies. This is further indicated here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=206693

Can't we all just get along??? ;)

one2gofst,

Moderating forums is a volunteer position, not a full time job. I don't think we're in a position to impose rules such as being available via email or private message on anyone. I certainly wouldn't want it crammed down my throat.

If you have questions for a moderator and his email/PM is not available, post the question in the forum if it's on target, or perhaps one asking for the individual to contact you off the forum.

As far as compelling availability, I don't see it.

Much of the blame for this falls to me since I neglected to adequetely inform Greg of how the forums work ahead of time - for that, I apologize.

As it is right now, since Greg is about to go in harms way, we'll be shutting this forum down and moving it to the Archives. Practical Tactical will remain to take up the slack.

In the meantime, as stated earlier, I am very appreciative and thankful for Greg's time and efforts during the run of this forum, and should he decide to resume moderation, we'll have a space open for him.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back