What happened to the elephant hosting method in Imgur?

Sorry if this is the wrong place but searched around and couldn’t find anything about a change in posting pictures using Imgur.
I’ve been away from this forum for about two months or so and when I went to post a picture today using Imgur as the hosting site starting with the elephant as I’ve been doing the whole time, nothing works as I was used to. I’ve always used an iPad but tried on an Android tablet and it’s the same. Where can I get some help with this? Thanks

imgur changed it to where you have to make an account if you want them to host your images.
easy to do.
the images you upload while logged in will be hosted on other sites.

imgur changed it to where you have to make an account if you want them to host your images.
easy to do.
the images you upload while logged in will be hosted on other sites.
Ah, ok, great thanks. But do I need to install and use the Imgur app? I don’t see anywhere on the regular Imgur.com site that I had been using to create an account.

Help me understand this. Why do people use imgur exactly? Is it just laziness? There are other sites that will host your images for free without an account. Is it too much hassle to find one of those and use it instead? Is there something special about imgur that I am just not seeing, or do people just keep doing what everyone else does because they can't be bothered to figure things out for themselves? Sorry, I am admittedly a little biased against imgur. I find it annoying and I hate it when people post their images with it.
Wait a second, what bothers you about it?
What is the problem with this?
WvbMSmA.jpg

Unhelpful and off-topic posts removed. This is not W&C, fellas.

If you don't want to use the app, you're stuck with a desktop or laptop. I'm not sure if a tablet will work. Imgur stopped supporting their mobile functionality years ago. I used the full site on my phone because I preferred it over the mobile (and I hated the app), then that option went away. If you want to use your phone, you've got to use the app.

If you don't want to use the app, you're stuck with a desktop or laptop. I'm not sure if a tablet will work. Imgur stopped supporting their mobile functionality years ago. I used the full site on my phone because I preferred it over the mobile (and I hated the app), then that option went away. If you want to use your phone, you've got to use the app.
My phone browser (opera) has a "desktop layout" option. It works better on some sites than others.

What is the response when you try to use it on imgur.com?
A little awkward, since I have to zoom and scroll on the tiny screen.

Test:
Rr3oSIj.jpg

Edit: Yeah, that worked okay for posting. I haven't tried uploading any photos that way. My old eyes & brain prefer using a desktop computer for most stuff.

Maybe they changed their mind, then. I had been using the desktop version on my phone; then one day I started getting notices that they were no longer supporting the mobile site & mobile users should use their app. (It always opened in mobile, then switched). I tried it again a few months later and it still wasn't working; so I gave up.
I used to use the desktop primarily because I preferred the images from my camera, especially for color rendition. I've just gotten lazy & accepted the ease of taking pictures on my phone and loading them here directly.

I just checked, and I was able to access the imgur site directly on my phone, and use desktop version. It's been years since I'd tried though.
Thanks for letting me know!

(But, yeah, the look is totally different, and I'm probably not going to start using imgur on my phone again)

Back