• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

what happened to Tim Galyean?

If this is considered top secret I apologize in advance for the thread. I just remember that awhile back tim stopped making the mid techs and seemed to focus his work more with kershaw but I havent seen much of anything with his name attached to it. Sure there are still JYDs but I figured with his extensive use of IKBS in his own works we may have seen or might be seeing something with his design signature on it. Anyone know what the guy has been up to? I cant help but feel there is a void in the knife world with his batman like disappearance.

Tim is doing really well. and is a very important person for us on the factory floor. He is in charge of the machinery, and continues to assist with bringing along our machinists skill sets. He also does our prototyping, and works extensively on the R&D side. As far as his own designs, we may see more in the future, time will tell.

Tim is doing really well. and is a very important person for us on the factory floor. He is in charge of the machinery, and continues to assist with bringing along our machinists skill sets. He also does our prototyping, and works extensively on the R&D side. As far as his own designs, we may see more in the future, time will tell.
Zero Tolerance MOAB :). Good to hear Tim is doing well.

Yea, I always thought the MOAB would be a good ZT. Maybe a little polarizing, but a mother non the less.

Oh, man a moab would be amazing. Though it would have to be called the M.O.A.C. (mother of all collaborations). Thanks for the information. Its good to know he is doing well and is still in the picture. Its a shame when really unique and talented makers go faster than they came. Hopefully we will see more of his designs.

I have 3 of Tim Galyean's "Pro-Series Lahar" and 3 of his "Pro-series Turbulence" knives... they are the most amazing flipping knives I have ever held... the closest to them would be the 0777 for smooth and crisp lockup with a snap! I have several of his Kershaw collaborations, the Junkyard Dog, the Lahar, and, in my opinion, the most under-appreciated knife on any forum, the Turbulence....

Back