What Happened?

JK Knives

Just wondering if anyone knows where all the “old timers” that used to hang out here went. I guess interests change.

no idea.
I've been really busy the past 6 weeks dealing with family stuff.

This “Old Timer” has been off-the-charts busy with work (with some family stuff thrown in to make it extra interesting). I’m still very much a JK Knife fan and check this forum daily. I’ve had zero time for riverside fires or woods bumming, so I don’t have much to say report. Hoping that will change!

Jeff

As mentioned elsewhere, I have been ridiculously busy in my non-work time recently.

I'm not sure if I'm an 'old timer' or not but work has me hoppin' this time of year. Easter, graduations and up to Mother's Day things are busy for a chef.

In the past 6 months, I've:
- Been served divorce paperwork
- Had to quit my job and find a new one
- Had my home AC die ($5500 for a new one)
- Had my car die ($8500 for a new car)

I've been stupid busy with my new job, and I've been avoiding the forums a bit to resist temptation. I've considered selling off a large portion of my collection to help offset costs, but I'm not yet at a breaking point. I hope everyone's been well. I'll be around once the smoke clears, I'm sure.

Dang Shawn - that is a string of bad luck for sure!

Aside from buying a new house in Tennessee (530 miles from current home) and getting current home ready for sale (listed it a week ago last Friday) - and moving belongings on the weekends.....and cleaning and painting and taking stuff to Goodwill and getting rid of motorcycles (sold or gave away 9 motorcycles in the last 4 weeks...) - I am just being lazy and goofing off.

I did pick up a G&G Hawk Deadlock from Batch 6 - very happy with that -

DSC_9884.JPG

DSC_9885.JPG

DSC_9886.JPG

DSC_9888.JPG

DSC_9894.JPG

DSC_9904.JPG

best

mqqn

I am down to a Honda CR50F and a 97 KTM 300EX/C at this point - keeping the rest

best

mqqn

Dang Shawn - that is a string of bad luck for sure!

Aside from buying a new house in Tennessee (530 miles from current home) and getting current home ready for sale (listed it a week ago last Friday) - and moving belongings on the weekends.....and cleaning and painting and taking stuff to Goodwill and getting rid of motorcycles (sold or gave away 9 motorcycles in the last 4 weeks...) - I am just being lazy and goofing off.

I did pick up a G&G Hawk Deadlock from Batch 6 - very happy with that -

DSC_9884.JPG

DSC_9885.JPG

DSC_9886.JPG

DSC_9888.JPG

DSC_9894.JPG

DSC_9904.JPG

best

mqqn

How do you like the deadlock? Super cool looking knife and I really like the marbled carbon fiber.

Hey Brad - the next door neighbor took it for his 5 yo son - I am sorry I didn't get with you sooner.

Ty - love the Deadlock - it is perfectly machined and without any flaw - Gavin just keeps making them better and better. If anyone is at blade and wants to check it out, i'll be with the ZT crew in the pit or you can check them out at G&G Hawk table.

best

mqqn

Nice blade Andy! Congratulations!

How many motorcycles do you own now?
I bought a ninja 250 back in the day and after laying it over
twice in an hour I decided motor bikes weren’t for me...

Poor thing, it was brand new and shiny before I bought it...
I layed it over on both sides breaking off both mirrors and turn signals.
The moral of the story, don’t buy a brand new motorcycle if you don’t know how to ride...

(I was young and dumb and assumed if I could ride a bicycle,
why not a motorcycle?)

Last edited:
It kind of seems like the entire forums have been a bit slow
lately... granted I don’t contribute much to the conversations but the place seems kind of lackluster nowadays.

It kind of seems like the entire forums have been a bit slow
lately... granted I don’t contribute much to the conversations but the place seems kind of lackluster nowadays.
I agree, way too quiet.

You aren’t missing much John... It started out great but after the forth season it progressively went down hill.

While watching last night’s grand finale episode I released about half way through I didn’t really care what happend to all the main characters in the end...

This show came out with roar and went out with a whimper in my opinion.

Back