What has collecting taught you about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup!!!!! I used to make the argument myself that the country doesn’t matter as long as the manufacturer has high qc standards. I’m starting to develop a different opinion though.
I am carrying a Chinese folder at the moment...a Laconico Keen collab and it's a gorgeous knife.
Taiwan is known to make many of Spyderco's favorite models, and their products are amazing. My favorite Spyderco, the Slysz Bowie, is made there as well as "many" other Spydie favorites.
China? Well...I remain skeptical over the S35VN blade-steel material ingredients...I keep running my Geiger counter over my knife...

For me, I’ve learned that less is more and that carries over to other hobbies and other “things” that I’ve collected. I’d rather have 3-5 knives that I’m going to carry, use and fondle than a safe full of queens. Same goes for my watches, guns and flashlights. I’ve become more of a minimalist with a one-in-one-out kinda flow. Works for me!

Beyond what I already knew about myself,,,, that there are not enough things to cut to justify the number of knives I have, and that I don't care about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back