What In The Eclipse Is Going On Here????? . . . What Is This New Hybrid Blade Finish?

Jerry Busse

Fresh out of the cornfields of Ohio comes this Hybrid blade finish that blends a coated blade with a Busse Industrial Grade (BIG) finish.!!!

Garth has been talking about this "Eclipse" finish for years, and has put in over one trillion hours of heavy drinking trying to perfect it! :eek:

I have diligently encouraged him along the way, with comments like, "Have you lost your mind?" and, "How drunk are you?" and this shop favorite, "Hey G! I looked up 'insanity' in the dictionary and it had your picture next to it!" . . .

Now, unfortunately, I have to admit that he has somehow pulled it off and I'm not, really, enjoying the amount of crow that I am being forced to eat!

Just a note for those who haven't yet tried it, crow tastes a lot like 3 week old, rancid, road-killed possum! (Please don't ask me how I know)

When it's all said and done, I do have to admit that I LOVE this new finish!!!

I don't have the patience to put in the time that Garth has, but I'm sure glad that he did!

I challenged him to run a test batch on a variety of different models and thought that we would have some clear-cut winners.

I was wrong once again!

They all look killer cool with this finish. :thumbsup:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry 😁

Here are a few pics!

Free Rein with Black Eclipse Finish

eclipse free rein black.jpg

Triceratops with Black Eclipse Finish
eclipse triceratops black.jpg

Free Rein with Hammered Silver Eclipse Finish
eclipse free rein silver.jpg

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade with Muddy Eclipse Finish!
eclipse TGULB muddy(1).jpg

Free Rein with Bronze Eclipse Finish!

eclipse free rein bronze.jpg

Fresh out of the cornfields of Ohio comes this Hybrid blade finish that blends a coated blade with a Busse Industrial Grade (BIG) finish.!!!

Garth has been talking about this "Eclipse" finish for years, and has put in over one trillion hours of heavy drinking trying to perfect it! :eek:

I have diligently encouraged him along the way, with comments like, "Have you lost your mind?" and, "How drunk are you?" and this shop favorite, "Hey G! I looked up 'insanity' in the dictionary and it had your picture next to it!" . . .

Now, unfortunately, I have to admit that he has somehow pulled it off and I'm not, really, enjoying the amount of crow that I am being forced to eat!

Just a note for those who haven't yet tried it, crow tastes a lot like 3 week old, rancid, road-killed possum! (Please don't ask me how I know)

When it's all said and done, I do have to admit that I LOVE this new finish!!!

I don't have the patience to put in the time that Garth has, but I'm sure glad that he did!

I challenged him to run a test batch on a variety of different models and thought that we would have some clear-cut winners.

I was wrong once again!

They all look killer cool with this finish. :thumbsup:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry 😁

Here are a few pics!

Free Rein with Black Eclipse Finish

View attachment 2546226

Triceratops with Black Eclipse Finish
View attachment 2546227

Free Rein with Hammered Silver Eclipse Finish
View attachment 2546228

Team Gemini Ultra Light Brigade with Muddy Eclipse Finish!
View attachment 2546256

Free Rein with Bronze Eclipse Finish!

View attachment 2546249
Damn I will probably have to jump back in the game for this

ooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I5FB.gif

Back