What is a good throwing knife

I've heard good things about the Gran Lanxador. I'd like to get my hands on one, but they've been elusive here in the U.S. I like the adjustable counter-weight idea.
As for the elusive part, I carry the knife in my shop.
About the adjustable weights: I take them off as soon as I buy the knife. The weights are tiny, they barely change the center of gravity, hence have virtually no impact on the flight. The Gran Lanxador has them because those moveable weights used to be en vogue 15 years ago. Still, without the weights, it's a great knife.

As for the elusive part, I carry the knife in my shop.
About the adjustable weights: I take them off as soon as I buy the knife. The weights are tiny, they barely change the center of gravity, hence have virtually no impact on the flight. The Gran Lanxador has them because those moveable weights used to be en vogue 15 years ago. Still, without the weights, it's a great knife.

I Googled them but couldn't find a dealer in the US. Do you ship here?

I actually read your review about the counter-balance on your website after I posted the previous comment, and it makes sense. Since I've never thrown one with a weight, I wouldn't know.

The Cold Steel Sure Balance thrower is cheap, big and heavy. It hits like a ton of bricks and will stick real well. (darn things weigh about a pound a piece.)

Can I also add another knife to the mix? I just pulled out a set of Kunai's that I'd never thrown. They are replicas of the ones used in "The Expendables," and I just decided to throw them yesterday. I never threw them because I wasn't sure I could adjust for the ring on the handle. Well, whatever I did, I did it right. One rotation started at about 13 feet, and throwing it regularly, these "daggers" penetrate deeper and harder than anything I've ever thrown. Other than having to come up with a solution to replace the crappy paracord on the handle, I'm pleased as a pickle with these things. They are long but not heavy and are more accurate than anything I've worked with so far.

Back