What is a "Spyderdrop"??

I've been wondering for a while what a "Spyder", or "Spydie" drop is. Could someone please explain this to me??

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff- the Spydie-drop is an one hand opening technique. The thumb and forefinger tightly 'pinch' the spydie hole, while extracting the knife from the clipped position. A lite wrist snap downward imparts enough momentum to allow the weight of the handle/body of the knife to lock into place. The handle should natually swing into your palm.

It's best done with a metal body knife since it's dependant on inertia for smooth positive opening. a well worked in lock also aids.

-Seth

It generally works well with G-10 hilted knive as well. But I have generally found that the FRP hilted knives, such as the Delica need considerable breaking in before they can be "Spyder-dropped", since the scales are so light. I haven't used my Chinook enough to have reached the stage where I can "Spyder-drop" it, the tension on the back lock is just too tight. I have to say, though, that the Chinook is one tank of a knife, right up there with the REKATS in durable construction, but much more finely finished, and with CPM440V steel, as well.

Back