what is frame lock?

no pics but is the same as a liner lock except rather than the liner being utilised for the blade lock the frame itself is cut out to engage like a liner lock therefore the liner is lots sturdier/thicker than a liner lock, is one of the better locks imho, perhaps only the axis lock is better.

hello,

A frame lock is the same as a liner lock without handle scales over it from what iv seen and heard. the likes of a Chive or a or a Kiss has a fame lock and an Emerson or a or some Benchmades have liner locks. I think :)

Does anybody happen to have pics/sketches of other lock types for comparison ? Something that woudl show how each of these locks works ? I've been searching on Google for that kind of information but i always ran into online stores selling knives with various types of locks rather than any pages explaining the differences between them in picture and text.

faramir said:
Does anybody happen to have pics/sketches of other lock types for comparison ? Something that woudl show how each of these locks works ? I've been searching on Google for that kind of information but i always ran into online stores selling knives with various types of locks rather than any pages explaining the differences between them in picture and text.

I would also be interested in seeing this. Thanks.

lachine said:
Need pix and intro

Some examples:

normal_14881.jpg

normal_3%7E0.jpg

normal_bansheeclipside700.jpg

normal_celtic6.jpg

normal_DCP_0963.JPG

normal_fl1b.JPG

normal_framelocks1.jpg

normal_hinderer2.jpg

normal_ponchoproto1.jpg

Info= The cats meow :D

Haze said:
hello,

A frame lock is the same as a liner lock without handle scales over it from what iv seen and heard. the likes of a Chive or a or a Kiss has a fame lock and an Emerson or a or some Benchmades have liner locks. I think :)

some framelocks have scales though, i have a ralph minimaxx w/carbon fibre handles and its a frame lock, the buck/strider 880 also is darned near a frame lock imho, its not really though i dont think. i dont think many framelocks have scales though.

I would disagree. I think if the knife has scales that cover the entire length of the frame or lock, then thats a linerlock even if its a thick linerlock. Now overlays that leave parts of the frame exposed are a different story