What is the average amount you spend on your knives?

I guess I fall in the average. It's gotta be between $100-$150. Some much more and some much less. the ones I tend to carry all time fit right in that range though.

Statistically, my answer would not be useful. I'm all over the place when it comes to price. Just today, I played with my $15 Cold Steel Pendleton Lite Hunter and a custom hunter I commissioned for $300. That makes an average of $158, but that's kind of deceiving given the extremes...
Oh but you just hit the nail on the head. An average makes me feel better on my expensive knives. Though I have only spent 490.00 Max. But a lot that expensive. Just more cheaper knives.

Even if your poor, your average will skyrocket if you hang out here much.

I too have an Excel spreadsheet for my current collection. Quick formula = $85.0272 average :rolleyes:

You like knives, your always welcome here.:)
I like looking at knives. But I only buy a very few because there are only very few that I truly like, which happen to be inexpensive. I have the money for $100 knives but i've never needed to spend that much for a suitable knife.

if i averaged all, which is about impossible going back that far, roughly estimating it i would have to say something like $75. going on just the last 2 years more like $125 due to a more recent desire for more expensive blades.

my avg seems to be $43 per knife, not including costs for a friend's sharpening (I help him out when his money is tight) customizing and gifts

Around $20 on average for me. Most expensive folders are my Delica and Endura (~$44). Cheapest are a couple of SRM knives (~$8).

Two yards a month, unless it is being spent on lighters or computer gear.

Out of 16 knives I've bought this year, the average cost is $47.

I have a "wish list" of eight knives and the average cost is $103.

.... and I am surely going to skew the averages, but let me try to guess my average.

Now I am not rich by any means. I'm 63 years old and retired after 40 years with the military, and have been messin' with knives for a long time. I don't have a lot of knives, but I have always saved up for better knives rather than buying cheap steel. I've also collected some "name" knives over the years that really skew the average. They are safe queens, not users, so I hesitate to count them, but I will.

The two custom Johnny Stout gent's folders and custom tactical folder total a little over $4K, so you see where this is going. Two William Henry folders, two Chris Reeves knives, and a couple of Randall knives so old I don't even rember how much I paid for them. A handful of Bucks, Gerbers, Benchmades, CRKT, SAKs, and my new interest, Becker Knife & Tool blades.

I had to use a speadsheet, and do a lot of guessing, but I think I come up with an average of about $347.

When you have been collecting nice knives for 50+ years you'll be surprised where you end up, too. :)

Back