What is the best Bali for under $100?

JUST kidding. It's all your fault. I have a new BM 42 on the way and I'm already in trouble ($90 from 888KRU). Ever since finding this site, I busted out my old Bear Bali and have fallen in love with this style of knife all over again. I can't wait to try Benchmade quality. I'm not even thinking of the custom stuff right now.

Well, my hand looks all chopped up now. I'm counting 6 fresh cuts in the last week. My girlfriend already said she would confiscate my new one if this keeps up...

Anyhow, thanks for the inspiration!

welcome...and you've been infected...hehe

wait till u get ur BM...it'll get even worse.

this will fix what ails you...a dab (unless you're allergic)of that on any new nicks and your gf doesn't have to even know about it.

I love this place... I have been using super glue on minor cuts for a while - maybe 8 years or so and people still think I'm nuts.

I can't wait to feel the difference in the BM, as all I have flipped have been loose, cheap Balis...

And sorry for the misleading title... i just had to do it :D

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to LOVE your new Benchmade 42............ and the 43 after it......... and the 47 after that....... and the Tachyon, A.T. Tiger, Monarch..........

Addictive as all hell is what they are. But your "soon to be empty" bank account will tell you all about it.

The good news is, you have us to talk to.......... not that it will help at all.

I have a new BM 42 on the way and I'm already in trouble ($90 from 888KRU).

Do you actualy got your knife shipped ?
I put my order for jag (yep, I'm still saving for BM :) last week and still no progress. Noone answering to e-mails. I called and some old old lady with eanglish even worser than mine told me that owner is sick.. And even if I get my knife I don't think I'll shop this place again:
20% for orde canselation/returns.
online tracking don't work

P.S. anyone there know a place that do pricematch ?

Hmm... I didn't know that 1sks.com supported the forums. Strike that up to me being a newbie. I'm always for paying a little extra for those who support great forums or small, local shops with good customer service.

As far as 888KRU. I have ordered from them before and had quick delivery of the products I specified. I mean they actually went out the day I placed the order, I received the tracking # later that day via e-mail and the actual products arrived within 4 business days of my order.

I have called up there four times. Three of the times, I spoke with the same fella who was very helpful. I think he was the owner. The other time I spoke with a young lady that, I believe, said that "her father" wasn't in yet and was going to be in later and I could probably get product info from him if I called back in 30 minutes. One thing: I did order a knife from them and called to verify shipment. The guy (owner?) said that the knife was not in stock and he said he could ship as soon as it arrived, but he didn't know when that would be. He specifically said that does not charge credit cards, etc. until the product is actually shipped. MamBo, have you been charged for the order? If not, then I'd guess they don't/didn't have the knife available at this time.

Still, this does not excuse lack of reply to e-mails... Either way, I just wanted to objectively report that I did have good service from them and will order from them in the future if the local dealers or 1sks.com does not have the particluar item in stock (It's important to me where my $ goes, but I'm VERY impatient when it comes to spending it). A buddy of mine here at work frequently orders from 1sks.com and has had good results.

Price matching... I think discountknives.com does this or will even beat the price by 10%? Caveat: I don't know about their customer service and I don't know if they support this forum.

Edit: I just noticed above that 1sks.com matches prices. NICE.

To all (if you are still awake at this point) thanks for the warm words of welcome.

Originally posted by Clay
You're going to LOVE your new Benchmade 42............ and the 43 after it......... and the 47 after that....... and the Tachyon, A.T. Tiger, Monarch..........
Not to mention a Dobruski, a Gemini, a Venturi, Bali-Song/Pacific Cutlery/Benchmade custums, Jagmers, the Hornet, Arc Angel etc etc.
You have to get several jobs to cover it all, work 23 hrs a day, and spend the last hour to buy new products or bid on auctions, visiting bf.c for new posts/threads, surf by some balisong web pages and mail balisong fellas.
Maybe one or two hours a week you can allow yourself to sleep.
Of course, the jobs must not be keeping you from manipulating the balis as you work. That's very important. How else are you going to see how they all flip? :D

So welcome! You are hereby denied all other social life. ;)

Back