What is the best camping knife for $100?

ESEE (Rat Cutlery) RC-4.

Fallkniven F1 or S1, but they're a little more than $100.

Fallkniven F1 if you can find it for the price, and also investigate the awesome Brisa Enzo Trappers !
I would also take a simple SAK, those bottle and can openers will come in handy.

ESEE RC-4 or RC-3.

If you shop around you can get either one under $100 pretty easy.

I have both and they are great knives. Only difference between them is the blade length and blade thickness.

e0609de966a3aca03ddda2f8282e5439

agree with sufler, if you can stand the weight get ka-bar becker 9. will slice with ease & chop better than a small hatchet. however you will need to put griptape on handle & its a good idea to add a lanyard.

For camping? Why? The top guard limits the number of grips one can use, serrations are a pain to sharpen, the spine is less than ideal for batonning, saber grinds aren't great for food prep, the coating increases drag to some extent, etc etc etc.

I suppose it would be excellent for camping deep behind enemy lines...

I like to have a knife that is big enough to handle just about any chore around camp.Since you are not hiking but camping I would buy a Cold Steel Recon Scout.The knife is tough as nails.You could outfit it with a Spec-Ops sheath and have a nice rig very close to your price range.

I would say to increase your tools without redundancy on a limited budget.
Get a mora and a mora carving hook blade for like 28$ for both
Get a 19in wetterlings for 56$ great axe, my favourite for backpacking
Get a tramontina 18in for 10 or 12$
There is your 100$
you would now have everything you could possibly need from hunting to food prep with the kabar as the large utility.
This combo would work in the jungle or northern canada

For camping? Why? The top guard limits the number of grips one can use, serrations are a pain to sharpen, the spine is less than ideal for batonning, saber grinds aren't great for food prep, the coating increases drag to some extent, etc etc etc.

I suppose it would be excellent for camping deep behind enemy lines...

Everything I own is more "tactical" by narure. it's what works for me.

That is a very true statement because the folks who get issued this knife, "camp" behind enemy lines for a living. :)

Im in afgahnistan right now and thats about the last knife i would bring. the only reason you see soldiers with the seal pup is that its available at the px.

to the op get a becker or a rat. neither one will let you down :thumbup:

Normally I would simply suggest getting yourself a good used Ranger knives Rd6

but

Since you have the Kabar

Get yourself a good mora and a multitool with the $$$

Id say save the cash and get something you dont already have. Maybe a good ol SAK :thumbup::thumbup:

get a cold steel shovel, you can sharpen it to a razor edge like me and use it to cut your meat or wood and dig a toilet as well, just make sure to do it in that order...

Becker BK2 campanion. 1/4" thick blade stock will probably chop concrete if you wanted it to. I think it comes with a small skinner as well.

For the money you couldn't beat these:

4036.jpg

2953.jpg

Or maybe one of the condors:

4828.jpg

Back