1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What is the hit going to be?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by thegeek574, Jan 18, 2011.

1. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    I have a question for the knife community that i would not trust to anyone but the BFC. I have a couple knives that i would like to try new grips on, and i was wondering what the hit to the wallet was going to be. first up before that is paper wheels and a little spyderco, but i am thinking about it. the main competitors are the JYD II and the ener-g II. can i get people to do grips for these, and will it break the bank?
    Steven

2. Austinaftermath

Austinaftermath

Sep 2, 2009
    Phillip Dobson could probably do it for under $100, depending on what you want done to it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  3. nevermind35

nevermind35

Aug 14, 2009
    Their are several people on here that would be happy to do that for you. Being that both of those knives are liner locks they are relatively easy to design scales for. Here's some guys to check out:

Philip Dobson
    Peter R.
    Barry H.
    The Sun

Good luck.

4. MoreToasties

MoreToasties

Jan 13, 2010
    Ryan, the Sun isn't taking any orders for a little while.

5. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Is Jeff okay?

6. thegeek574

thegeek574

Sep 3, 2010
    Thank you all. i think i will hold off until my knives cost more than the grips. :D