Off Topic What is the knife called that lust for blood?

Do you believe some knife lust for blood?

• Yes

• No

• May be

• WTF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ever came across a fancy piece of work, and get a urge to get it. Then realize its poorly made, not as quality (unbelievable sharp) but poor design, cuts and nicks every time you open to use it unmindfully or hastily.

What do you do with that kind of knife that draw blood frequently?

*I left mine on desk at work place, after few days found that one of the Co-worker has taken it and using. At least not my headache now, is it?

Bayonet_OKC-3S_-_Ontario_Knife_Company.jpg

It's called The Phurba. This dagger from The Shadow was featured in Blade magazine.

There are a lot of interesting myths about Murasama blades, which are said to lust for blood. That said, I've managed to cut myself more times than I can remember with perfectly ordinary knives:oops:.

Cold Steel Gunsite (now that I understand the thread), with the 90's smooth Grivory handles.

My example came very sharp, with a Triad Lock that needed some wear-in, and slabs with a drag coefficient of about 0.005. Shlippery as all get-out. To the point where I could not trust the knife on either opening or closing, because the lock wanted to snap the blade closed at about 20%, in either direction.

Maybe the problem is not the knife but you...
It might be, I have a big palm. I do fall for those little multifunction cuties. Mostly cut my index finger either slipping or holding at wrong place.
Thanks for replying!

Throw that POS out. Don't buy crappy\dangerous knives. Do your research first. After that, If they are still consistently biting you, you are the problem.
Twice while cutting branches (pruning and grafting), 2 -3 times while taking it out of bag, don't know how it opened in there. Couple of times while working with packages at work place.

Back