What is the "spa" treatment

Hello all,

So im sorta new to this whole chris reeve thing. Been reading up and keep hearing "spa" treatment. With the help of google, found out that it is :
"Spa Treatment" - including cleaning, lock tuning, sharpening, refurbishing.

My question is, what is refurbishing? does that mean reblasting the finish?

Pardon my ignorance and thanks!

"Spa Treatment" - including cleaning, lock tuning, sharpening, refurbishing" straight from CRK Website.

re-sandblasting the scales, replace the washers if nec...essentially returning the knife to "like new" condition without making a career out of doing so.

The Spa Treatment includes all of those things except reblasting the scales, that is an extra $30. Though, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it as it will make an old user look brand new.

CRK took a small regular that had a horrendously sticky lock and made it extremely smooth during the Spa Treatment.

If you have a sebenza that has a inlay (wood or mammoth) the metal around the inlay is polished and if you scratch it they cannot fix that. I had a annual with some minor marks on the polished surface,they told me that they could not polish the marks out without removing the inlay, and they are not going to do that. Any knife that is beedblasted or does not have a inlay can be made to look like new with no problems.

The Spa Treatment includes all of those things except reblasting the scales, that is an extra $30. Though, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it as it will make an old user look brand new.

CRK took a small regular that had a horrendously sticky lock and made it extremely smooth during the Spa Treatment.

For some reason I thought blasting was part of the whole spa deal for folders as well. One of the girls there quoted me on having my Green Beret given the spa treatment and it included blasting the knife. Albeit I imagine that has something to do with re guncoating the knife. Anyways...thanks for clearing that up.

Ahh...yeah the site is sort of confusing, it lists the sandblasting fee under one piece knife recondition (im assuming this means fixed blades?). Guess ill find out if I ever send it in!

I have a buddy (crk dealer) that had a beat up large sebenza unique. He carried it for 3 Years everyday.
This sebenza was beat up bad..

I had lunch with him a week after it's spa treatment. I was amazed how it looked like new. Too me this is a HUGE perk to owning a Chris Reeve knife..the cost of ownership is nominal, and you get to carry one of the best tools on the planet.

To me, if you can buy one minty used, with the initial depreciation swallowed.. Your investment can easily be recouped after many years of use. Even if you buy new, it still beats anything (minus a hinderer) considering you are enjoying carrying the best.

Directly from Customer Service:

Sending your knife to Chris Reeve Knives

As part of your warranty CRK will always clean, tune and sharpen your folder and sharpen your fixed blade at no charge. Your only cost is the return shipping fee ($14 in CONUS). Please find below a few important steps to remember when sending your knife to us.

1. We recommend insuring your parcel when sending it to us.
2. Our address is CRK, 2949 S. Victory View Way, Boise ID 83709
3. Include a note outlining what work you want performed and if we have any questions we will call you.
4. Very important! Include your full name, billing/shipping address, email and phone number in your note.
5. If payment is required, you may include a check or money order (if in the US) or phone us (or I’ll phone you) for your VISA, MasterCard or Discover Card information.
6. Once your knife is received it is usually fixed up and on its way back within 2 weeks but it could be a month. That period is an estimate and can take longer or on rare occasions not so long.
7. Feel free to phone 208-375-0367 or email crkinfo@chrisreeve.com if you have further questions.

PRICES (return shipping not included)
Fixed blade re-coating $27.50
Double lug (blue, silver or gold) $35
New perforated washers (we do not send these out) $1.50
A Sebenza with solid washers will need the pivot and
sometimes stop sleeve changed as well. The total cost is $13.50
Sandblasting handle $30
Re-polished handle (not polish a sandblasted handle) $30
Tumbling a blade and adding a new lug $30
Re-polishing a blade (will not polish a tumbled blade) $30
Screws (male) - specify clip or body $1 each
Pins (female) $7.50 each
New S35VN Blade (Seb 21, Classic, Umnum) $135
Fluorinated Grease $11.50
Umnumzaan Tear Down Kit $12.50

Replacement Damascus Blade: Only available for the Seb 21, Sebenza Classic or Mnandi. Designs: Spirograph $315; Raindrop or Ladder $285. These are the only patterns we are offering at this time. We are backordered approximately a year on all Damascus blades. Once we have the blade in stock you will need to send your knife in for fitting.

For other pricing please visit the price list on our website www.chrisreeve.com/pricelist.htm
If you have a warranty issue these prices may not apply.

Back