What Is The Steel On My 112020HH Stag Folding Hunter?

I recently bought a boker folding hunter from the big box store in TN. They list it online as stainless steel and so do a few others but most online retailers state it is carbon steel. The fit and finish on the knife is really good, although I wish the stag scales on both sides matched. Could someone tell me if I have a knife in 440c or c75 blades? This is the version without the locking mechanism. I believe the lockback it is stainless steel.

I looked at multiple sites hoping to find something helpful but didn't see much. SMKW says stainless on this model, while everybody else shows carbon steel. 440C Bokers usually always will state that in the big etch on the face of the primary blade so if that isn't present I would not believe that it would be 440C. What I have personally seen is the dual lockback models in 440C with either a saw or a second blade. The slipjoints were C75 carbon steel. Look at the tang stamps on both sides of the blades; if they did happen to be stainless they should be stamped Rostfrei which is German for "rustfree" or what we call stainless in English. Sorry I could not locate any definitive proof.

Back