What is the Vogler?

Discussion in 'Fletcher Knives' started by Fletcher Knives, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    I don't know how many of you pay attention to my Instagram account, but I post stuff there almost every other day. It's the best place to see what I'm working on, and I also give sneak peeks at new models before they're finished, or even announced. For those of you who have been watching, you may have noticed a very secret, super special batch I'm working on. I'm officially announcing The "Vogler" model. It's a design that is very deceptive. Trust me when I say, these ergonomics are incredible. They offer the comfort level, in all positions, that you've come to expect from Fletcher Knives, as well as an aesthetic that is absolutely sex on a stick. Fondling these in any normal knife grip will blow your mind. These will be finished in the next day or two and will be in the $350 range. These are extremely limited, so if you want one, you'll need to snatch it up. There's already people telling me which ones they want, but I'm not letting anyone purchase them beforehand, so that way it's fair for everybody. The one exception will be the two I pick to keep. Yes, I love this design so much, I'm keeping two of them. Here are some of the sneaky photos I've posted of them. By the way, if you don't watch my Instagram feed and you'd like to, it's super easy to find. Just put "fletcherknives" in the search box and it'll pull up tons of stuff from my page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. prom52

prom52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Lord Fletcher:

Can you share what your inspiration was for naming this new design "Vogler" ?

Curious minds want to know ;)

Peter

3. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the vogler is the weapon that the onceler used to kill the lorax.

4. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    LOL! That may be true! I have no clue.

Actually, there's someone who knows exactly what it is, and how stupid and funny it is, but he almost never looks in my forum, so I doubt he'll chime in. If ye is so inclined, ya'll may play my little game. You don't know why you're playing the game, you'ns just know you'ns is playing. Here are the only rules.
    1) You can only find out what the Vogler is by asking someone else. If you know what the Vogler is, I'll need to know who told you, at which time I'll ask them how you asked.
    Which brings us to rule
    2) The only way you may ask someone what the Vogler is, is by saying these words exactly, "What is the Vogler?" That's it. Trust me, when you ask the right person, they'll know exactly what you're talking about, and they'll tell you what the Vogler is.
    First person that does this correctly, ............miiiiiight get a little knick knack.

somebody won the game. They get a free Bones Black. YAY!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  5. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    Game on Bro......how long will you keep this little game running ?

Like the reference to you'ns......made me feel like I was back in Pittsburgh......lol

6. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    Could it have something to do with the definition provided by the Urban Dictionary ?

I've asked several individuals however, no direct hits so far.......hmmmm. I'm wondering if your initial use of ya'll with a switch to you'ns is some type of subtle clue ?

7. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Sir, I believe there is only one question permitted here...

8. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    That's only if you decide to play by the rules....lol

9. buzp

buzp

Feb 13, 2012
    It's my wife's maiden name and she told me it means bird watcher

10. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    Maybe not "What" but perhaps Who is/was,... is the proper question. Maybe there's a good story there somewhere!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  11. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    Ok, this has driven me completely off the rails. Your hint about a forum member that doesn't spend much time on your sub forum has led me to connect a few dots. Since early german references to Vogler translate to "Fowler or Bird Hunter", could the forum member be Stephan Fowler ?

12. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    This Instagram account continues to pay off.

I have learned NOTHING about knives - but I can totally work my finger board like a champ.

Jason

13. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    This is the answer I got. "It is a 6 episode series about a nutjob. Not real good, but watchable... Typical Dylan fare..." Andy

14. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    Not a good story, but a good plot!

15. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    I pulled a sweet jump onto a fan and then landed it this morning in front of people. It was gnarly.

16. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    LOL. Peter it's really trying here people.

17. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    I actually asked Chris to check with Stephan and ask him the question. He probably thinks I've gone bat shit crazy. Since I haven't heard back I'm going to stick with the original contact & response that I sent you in a PM when you first announced the game. Knowing a bit about your office arrangement at the shop, I have to believe that this individual has intimate knowledge of the source of your creative inspiration.

18. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Well, was I close? I need a knick knack. 😊

19. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    My question: where is the vogler?

20. prom52

Jan 13, 2014
    The answer to who is/was the Vogler is.......Max E Williams