What is this jungle fighter?

Hello! I was perusing the Cystern web site yesterday and noticed (again) the pic of the Jungle fighter. Can anyone tell me more about this model? What is it like compared to, say, the WWII model?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Froum! The "JungleFighter" is an SN-1 but it is not polished and it includes a cloth sheath cover in OD Green or Camoflage. I have several camo covers for Kukris including a DPM desert pattern! The Jungle Kukri Offered at GH is the same kind issued to Gurkhas for use in the field and as far as practicality goes...I love the two I have. Let me know if I can be of further help to Cheers! Pipey

Make Friends fast!...Draw your Kukri

Thanks for the info! As per your invite, I have another question. What are the differences between a WWII and a Jungle fighter/SN1? Thanks!

Well there are subtle differences in blade shape between the WWII and the SN1/Jungle Fighter but the main difference is the WWII has a longer, heftier blade and consequently a larger handle. The WWII comes in a 16.5" model and a 18" model and they can do the work! The SN1 is probably more practical to carry in the field because of it's smaller size and weight but it is still a capable worker in it's own right!

Guy Thomas

Back