What is your favorite 22

Sweet wheel guns . Nice bare toes , too ! ;)

Thank you sir. I really have taken a liking to wheel guns both Single and Double Action. Missed the toe thing until it was too late. Oh well stuff happens and one of these days I’ll have to take another picture.

Thank you sir. I really have taken a liking to wheel guns both Single and Double Action. Missed the toe thing until it was too late. Oh well stuff happens and one of these days I’ll have to take another picture.
I actually enjoy the little human touches that sneak into our photos . :)

On topic : Ruger 10/22 with scope and green laser . :)
I put a green laser on my AR... it's 22 caliber:D... no one ever said .22lr.

20180828_221639.jpg

Sorry I don’t have pics. My favorite .22 revolver is my S&W model 43 airweight. Packs easy on the belt in an old hunter holster or just in overalls pocket. I have a couple favorite .22 rifles, Remington Nylon 66 Apache black and my old Winchester 67 single shot. I have others but these are my favorites.

My father has one of those sitting in his safe. Great rifle.

Thank you, and your father sounds like a real lucky man. From all the research I had done on the internet it really was second only to the slightly better action on a Winchester Pump. I really couldn't find anyone that had anything but praise for this gun. Given that I always try to get the best condition gun and a shooter it just hit that spot I was going for.

Sorry I don’t have pics. My favorite .22 revolver is my S&W model 43 airweight. Packs easy on the belt in an old hunter holster or just in overalls pocket. I have a couple favorite .22 rifles, Remington Nylon 66 Apache black and my old Winchester 67 single shot. I have others but these are my favorites.

When conducting my research I saw a lot of people who had nothing but praise for those Remington Nylons. However at least at that time my focus was on things made from wood and steel. I also further discovered when some of the high watermarks in the industry where based on what others had said. Specifically when looking for a Winchester it should be before 1964. However at least one exception was the Winchester 9422. At the time my main focus was a lever and a pump gun. I guess at some point I should look for a bolt gun but that may have to wait as other things have jumped to the front of the line. For now I have a 357 Lever gun on the way. I had been thinking about getting one of those for awhile and decided it was high time I actually did.

When conducting my research I saw a lot of people who had nothing but praise for those Remington Nylons. However at least at that time my focus was on things made from wood and steel. I also further discovered when some of the high watermarks in the industry where based on what others had said. Specifically when looking for a Winchester it should be before 1964. However at least one exception was the Winchester 9422. At the time my main focus was a lever and a pump gun. I guess at some point I should look for a bolt gun but that may have to wait as other things have jumped to the front of the line. For now I have a 357 Lever gun on the way. I had been thinking about getting one of those for awhile and decided it was high time I actually did.

Dddrees the Winchester 9422 is a fine lever action gun. And so is the Ruger 10/22. It should serve you well. As for .22 pump rifles if you can find yourself a Remington 121 or 572 they are great rifles in my experience. I had a 121 several years ago and foolishly traded it for something else, don’t even remember what now. I still have a 572. The nice thing about it is it will shoot shorts if you want. Many will only shoot long rifles.

Dddrees the Winchester 9422 is a fine lever action gun. And so is the Ruger 10/22. It should serve you well. As for .22 pump rifles if you can find yourself a Remington 121 or 572 they are great rifles in my experience. I had a 121 several years ago and foolishly traded it for something else, don’t even remember what now. I still have a 572. The nice thing about it is it will shoot shorts if you want. Many will only shoot long rifles.

Actually I did find a Remington 121 in real good condition and I posted a picture on the first page of this thread. From all that I saw or found it was every bit as good as a Winchester except it was made by Remington. Well, a Winchester might have a slightly better action but from what I saw it wasn't that far behind and Winchester just commands more money. Anyway I guess I should have stated that again in the post you quoted. Sorry to hear you let yours go, but it sounds as you still have a real fine one with the 572. Its been awhile since doing my research but I do remember that I seriously considered a 572 as well however in the long run the 121 won out and I was able to find one in real good condition for what I thought was very reasonable. I couldn't be happier.

Actually I did find a Remington 121 in real good condition and I posted a picture on the first page of this thread. From all that I saw or found it was every bit as good as a Winchester except it was made by Remington. Well, a Winchester might have a slightly better action but from what I saw it wasn't that far behind and Winchester just commands more money. Anyway I guess I should have stated that again in the post you quoted. Sorry to hear you let yours go, but it sounds as you still have a real fine one with the 572. Its been awhile since doing my research but I do remember that I seriously considered a 572 as well however in the long run the 121 won out and I was able to find one in real good condition for what I thought was very reasonable. I couldn't be happier.

Back