What is your favorite Buck model?

I have a hard time answering the question. I love my 60's 110 and my 120, probably the best. But the 102 and 501 are also special to me for different reasons.

I'm having a hard time picking a favorite but I would have to say I really like the alpha's and mini alpha hunters.

500 for front pocket carry and suits.

110 for rear pocket carry (most days).

Buck doesn't make any fixed blades that interest me currently.

I picked up a 703 in the early 80's and at the time, I had never liked a knife as much as I liked that 703. Things are a little different now but the 703 is still my favorite Buck knife and probably always will be.

My Early Buckmasters 184 and all my 110's especially the stone handled 110's.

Railsplitter I really like those 703's what is the size compared to a 110? All different fonts on every knife. I like different.

MICHAEL5135

Last edited:
My Early Buckmasters 184 and all my 110's especially the stone handled 110's.

Railsplitter I really like those 703's what is the size compared to a 110? All different fonts on every knife. I like different.

MICHAEL5135

Michael, it's a fairly small knife at 3 1/4 inches closed. Same size as the 303 if I'm not mistaken.

Duke for me, but find I carry a 110 of one sort or another most of the time. At least with jeans.

103 (but have never owned one)
301 stockman
389 canoe
877 (white handle version)
don't remember what the model number is on my xl trapper with wharncliff secondary. 374?

My 112 custom : Cherry scales, finger grooves, mirror finish 420HC blade, NF bolsters and rivets, with custom engraving. I'm a new member here and know little about knives but I'm learning, thanks to the members here. I've never owned or really wanted/needed a fixed blade knife but when I saw the 75th anniversary dymondwood 119 a couple of weeks ago, I had to have one. To my old untrained eyes, they're both works of art. Thanks, gman

My 102 that has served me well for over 40 years. It has done all I have ever needed. I have my other Buck knives because I wanted them.

I think a finger grooved drop point 112 would cover 95% of my knife needs. .I collect and display 112's so they really are my favorite Buck. I'm glad and a little suprised to see how many other folks like and use the 112. It's a great knife!

My current favorites are an Oak 5160 Clip Point 110 and a Rosewood 302 Solitaire. When possible I have both with me.

My Aluminum 110 is working it's way into the rotation more frequently.

Close friends from the past: the 309 Companion, the 501 Squire and the 175 Lightning HTA II

My favorite Buck model is the first non-crap knife I ever owned. The Buck Alpha Hunter with rubberized handles. Still have it, though the rubber is beat to hell.

Back