1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What is Your Favorite Case Folder

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by red knife, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    jpm2,

My only regret Case wise is I could not get a Stag in CV. WHAT ? . . . THAT's what I said. The SS looks good but the CV seems to really belong with the Stag.

Oh so now you are going to make us all drool . . .
    'scuse me while I . . . smack . . . drip . . . go look for a pocket handkerchief. Need to do laundry today . . . dang you. :mad: :)

2. rschuch

rschuch

Apr 18, 2014
    Trapperlock.

3. Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    pbcg,

Hey !
    Somebody who owns a real camera !
    (and knows how to wield it)

Isn't that a great knife !

4. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    Love my Texas Jack. The Truth my favorite Case is the next one I get.
    I told the Wife I wanted a Full Sized CV Case Stockman for my 52 birthday.
    I also want a CV CASE PEANUT.

5. Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    deltaboy,
    That's telling her !
    'Course if you have my luck . . . if I told The Chef that she would just look at me like "Then your birthday is going to Suck isn't it". I can't get her to walk by a cutlery store in the Mall even, . . . let alone go in and look around. Knives creep her out. BUT SHE'S A CHEF !
    . . . yah
    life's complicated isn't it ?

Happy B' day dude !

red blade,

Sweet looking little knife. I don't have a mini but that kind of 'teardrop" end is useful. Probably very pocket friendly (I have to carry my larger trapper in a pouch).

Sorry . . . hogging the tread again . . . sorry, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  6. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    pbcg, that swayback is sweet. Nice photo.

I like the Sodbuster Jr. the best so far.

Several times I was going to grab a RussLock, but I just haven't pulled the trigger. Don't know why.

7. shecky

shecky

May 3, 2006
    For a long time, my favorite was the plain yellow slimline trapper in CV. I kinda got a sentimental attachment to that one.

I recently got a Mini Trapper with a single Wharncliffe blade that is simply a fantastic pocket knife. It's a Carhartt line model with jigged two tone Delrin scales.

I think I'd like the CV Sodbuster Jr if only they were thinner by at least 1/8". It's just too bulky for my needs, even if it is a fantastic knife.

For actual carry, I actually carry the cheapest Case knives on the market. The small lockbacks with injection molded Zytel handles. Either the small Caliber or the Mini Blackhorn. I think I prefer the Mini Blackhorn because of the narrower blade and the blade is very easily pinch opened. My last one, I milled a deeper nail nick to make it easily one hand opening. And they are very inexpensive and easily replaced if abused or lost.

Now if only I could get Case to do a run of those small lockbacks in yellow Zytel with CV blades...

8. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Yellow Derlin Large Stockman or Trapper for me. I cant really decide between them.

9. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    I would say that I have four favorite Case knives. The first three are in my EDC rotation. Hard to pick a number one favorite.

Humpback Stockman

[​IMG]

Case/Bose Cattle Knife

[​IMG]

63090 Medium Stockman

[​IMG]

And honorable mention for the Case/Bose Norfolk. I adore this knife but I'm partial to three blade knives for EDC purposes.

[​IMG]

10. Slipperyfish

Slipperyfish

Apr 6, 2014
    Gotta go with the peanut. Always have one in my pocket.

11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    You can't go wrong with the Sowbelly!

[​IMG]

Just for giggles, I'm going to echo Railsplitter for awesome Case knife selections :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have to make a medium stockman substitution :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Case/Bose improved muskrat. I don't have one, but, I want one:

[​IMG]

13. GaryC

GaryC

Dec 29, 2004
    Haven't used it in a long while the Copperlock in stag handles, bought several back in the late 90's, Case made some nice stag handles. Gary

14. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    The only case SS I couldn't resist was the hobo stag.

15. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    The sowbelly is one of my favorite Case Patterns. It can be had in either CV or Tru-Sharp.

I have two. One in yeller Delrin. The other in Chestnut bone. Both in CV.
    I especially like that the blades are offset instead of crinked. Makes the sheepsfoot especially easy to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kagato82

kagato82 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Pocket Worn Trapper in Harvest Orange.

17. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    [​IMG] another vote for the sowbelly. Mine hasn't left my pocket since I got it many months ago. Its wearing nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Full size trapper is my favorite. I also like the texas jack, canoe, mini copperlock, large stockman and medium stockman. The reason I listed so many is because those are the patterns I currently have. I would have to say I never got a pattern that wouldn't be up there as a favorite. I reckon now my plan is to get different patterns as opposed to getting more of the ones I already have. There are a lot of trappers in my collection, and I always carry the same one. Next on the list is a mini moose or a full size copperlock.....