What is your FAVORITE KEYCHAIN SAK??

What model Victorinox SAK is your favorite to put on your keychain and why?

If you use something instead of a SAK that you like better tell us what it is and why you like it better...
smile.gif

Thanks,
starchaser

starchaser, what is it with you and the key chain knife questions? No offense, but you already have a post going about it.

------------------
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today"
-- James Dean

-Jesse Foust

Originally posted by scouter27:
starchaser, what is it with you and the key chain knife questions? No offense, but you already have a post going about it.

Hey scouter27,

I guess at first glance both post look similar, but the first post is asking what you carry on your keychain which could be anything, knives, lights, bottle openers ect. This post is asking specifically what is your favorite SAK to carry on your kechain. Besides this is more interesting than watching TV
smile.gif

I see that you haven't posted anything yourself in either thread other than your concern here for my keychain enthusiasm
biggrin.gif

Don't you like keychains or are you willing to divulge your secret keychain accessories?
smile.gif

starchaser

If I were to put one on my keychain, it would be the little classic one, the "executive" I think it is called.
tongue.gif

You can't beat the Victorinox Rambler with a damn stick!
(Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who A. doesn't want a light or pen on my SAK - that's why I have a Photon and a pen, and who B. likes to drink beer with caps that don't twist off!)

I've actually been considering this question myself.

weird story -my wife's little grey handled swiss army was stolen and replaced. She kept it in a small pharmacy pouch in her purse. When I asked to see it yesterday, gone! In it's place was a very slim black handled victorinox with only a blade and file. Her original had blade,scissors,file,tweezers, and toothpick.

She liked having the scissors, so we went online to look at replacement options. There were lots to say the least, at least six or seven different models of the smaller 'classic' size.

She finally decided on the Manager II in emerald.

Right now my keys are on a large brass clip that would probably beat hell out of anything but keys.

starchaser, to answer your question: along with my keys, I have a P-38 can opener, and a mini 'biner.
I'm sorry to have sounded so harsh,upon rereading what I wrote it did, I just meant that you could have covered both questions in one post.

------------------
-- James Dean

-Jesse Foust

[This message has been edited by scouter27 (edited 11-01-2000).]

Hey scouter27,

You may be right about covering both questions in one post, but I just didn't think about it at the time. After reading everyones post I decided to go with a small SAK and wanted to see what everyones favorite was to put on their keychain, hence this post.
smile.gif

BTW what is a mini 'biner?

starchaser

it's a mini caraibiner, they are used in climbing and rappelling to hook the rope to you and someone or something else. mine came from here

------------------
-- James Dean

-Jesse Foust

[This message has been edited by scouter27 (edited 11-01-2000).]

I carry a black-handled Victorinox Classic everywhere, but not on my keychain. I use it all the time, and having it on the keychain would make it awkward to use, so it's in my left front pocket.

On my keychain I have a Spyderco Ladybug II, which has a fully-serrated sheepsfoot blade. I use it infrequently to cut apart boxes.
Jim

Actually I was given a Signature II with Ruby handles today by my "secret santa" at work. This thing rocks. A light and that cool ballpoint pen (even if it is blue ink) just can't be beat. Everyone at work calls me the knifemaster and so they thought this was a fitting gift which it was since I've been on both keychain and SAK streak lately.
Mykl

------------------
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Have a new SAK that I can't find on the websites -- Bantam. Blade and screwdriver/bottle/can opener. Also has tweezers and toothpick. Thin, simple, just right for keychain with a swisstech micro-technician.

RLR

When I get my transluescent onyx Victorinox Signature II Lite from 1SKS, it's replacing the blue Photon on my neck.

My keychain's pretty interesting too.

Victorinox classic, black. Completely indespensible. I took the key/lanyard ring off of it though to make it slimmer in my pocket. It fits great in the little upper pocket on the right side of blue jeans. My son has one similar, but with a pen instead of toothpick, and his is red. I just ordered my wife a blue classic for Christmas. I tried a Leatherman Micra, but I didn't like it in my pocket as well as the SAK. The micra now resides in my wife's purse.

I carry the Night Messenger. It has a red LED and a ball point pen at the expense of the toothpick and tweezer (sniff, I miss those guys). I only learned recently that I can squeeze the light switch (the Victorinox logo) as I write--convenient for writing in the dark with one hand. I find that I use this tiny tool more often than my second carry knife (Spyderco J.D. Smith). I also have an Executive but the Night Messenger keeps the Exec warming the bench in reserve.

Back