What Is Your Most Admired Benchmade In Your Collection?

Rukus for me too.

rukusaug2.jpg

By the way, deathofallthings...that is a sweet looking 940. And I'm talking about the well used one!

AFCK 806-1101 (M390 loves me)
I also have a particular lust for my SHOT Mini Onslaught LE.
Nice, thin D2 blade with beautiful CF scales and blue anod' standoffs. Sweet knife.

Well, I just traded my MT SF-M for a 710 ATS-34 black blade....first production 1/1000....

Well, I just traded my MT SF-M for a 710 ATS-34 black blade....first production 1/1000....

Daaaaaayum!

For the Cypress, it's gotta be my 3550 BK. This thing has killed fish while tied to the end of a stick on the bottom of the Pacific and two different fresh-water lakes, summited more peaks than I can remember, sat in my pocket for a decade during swimming/boating/hiking/skiing, and has "been in" more animals than I care to brag about in public. It's been ground into the dirt while laying behind a rifle for 10 hours on prairie dog towns in Montana, and bashed against rocks while hunting 'chucks on scree fields.

All I did after getting out of the ocean was pour drinking water into the mechanism to flush the salt out. I sharpened it quite a few times... Almost to the point of no longer having that mini choil. When it got gunky, I disassembled it to remove what an air compressor and some lube couldn't.

After 8 years of hell, I sent the knife in to have the main spring and blade replaced. The blade definitely needed replacing at that point. When I got it back, they included (in the box) a new pocket clip. I'll be damned if I ever replace the original one as long as it's in one piece. Benchmade also replaced all of the guts in the knife, making the clip and handle the only original parts!

You may not be huge in the hand, but you're huge in my heart, 3550.

Cypress, that is awesome. Sounds like if knives could talk, that one would have some pretty cool stories to tell!

Cypress, that is awesome. Sounds like if knives could talk, that one would have some pretty cool stories to tell!

+1

Cypress, throw on an old school black oxide clip - would compliment the 3550 nicely

I'm impressed that you stuck with the same EDC for that long! Pretty awesome

I haven't been into Benchmades for some time, and finally sold off my 940 & 710 as much as I liked them. But somehow I can't make myself let go of the 770GrnBlkD2 or the small Steigerwalt lock-back folders I still have.

Easy one for me. Took me a long time to find it. I should take a picture. It is the LE Ares that has the rosewood and carbon fiber. Prettiest tough knife I have ever owned. Love this thing.

I have the 425 Wharnie. It is a wicked cutter, I like it better than my drop point which surprised me when I realized that. Keep looking, they are out there.

Back