What is your rarest Spyderco??

image_zps6b94f205.jpg

Mine would be the Aus-8A I had the partially serrated one for years, but my wife tried to pry off a lid and snapped the tip off, she has now been forgiven after finding me the full serrated one:D They are really hard to find....

I don't really own any rare Spydies. Maybe this one that I posted earlier in the picture thread. It's a Spydieedged Calypso Jr with micarta handle.

Spyderco%20Calypso%20Jr%20Micarta%20%282%29.jpg

/ J

Cool old thread bump. :)

I don't know all the production quantities, so not sure what my actual rarest Spyderco model is, but possibly one of these:
2015-10-21%2013.01.04_zpswit7zngr.jpg

Don't see many of these being posted anymore, either:
2015-04-27%2018.36.43_zps9ovry2so.jpg

I don't really own any rare Spydies. Maybe this one that I posted earlier in the picture thread. It's a Spydieedged Calypso Jr with micarta handle.

Spyderco%20Calypso%20Jr%20Micarta%20%282%29.jpg

/ J

Got the same one with a straight edge it said Experimental on the box. IIRC it was abbreviated.

I had this one and sold it for $500! My collection is users and it needed to belong to someone with a PM2 stable

I sharpened mine, used it, sharpened it some more. Sold it. I miss it but I've made peace with it lol. Bought it for $550 Canadian, sold it for $400 I think.

Dont know exactly how rare, but its a nice one, C42S AUS-8 Micarta, unused sinde the day it was produced.
xgjk9w.jpg

a ti Lum, a ti experimental, a green and a blue Lum, a fixed blade Lum, a numbered temperance, 2 Starmates, and 1/one older first gen, the first Centafontis, large and small.

never thought of them as rare, just nice.

I would guess that the original "R" is my rarest one.

I think this is one of the rarer forum knives.

Bruceter

Last edited:
Here's my contribution to "rare" Spydercos, these two aren't necessarily rare, but old...which would equate to rare in most people's eyes.

The Police model I believe is one of the first iterations, ATS-55 steel and stamped "Police" on the blade, my newer version Police model has VG10 steel and the Police is laser engraved on the blade. Plus, the older one is tip down only carry, compared to the newer ones being drilled for RHT/LFT tip up/down carry

My second is the G-10 Civilian, which is from about the same era, they're both about 30 years old. The Civilian has the ATS-55 steel and is drilled for only tip down carry. This one also has the patents stamped in the pocket clip, which they don't do as of the last 10 years or more (as far as I know)

Both of these were EDC'd thoroughly for many years but have been retired from daily carry and are now safe queens.

e654d4fc0ce5ce8bb7d518b5f5a2d1d8.jpg

72409ab5d5d8ee84b2245ac38015c3d3.jpg

d79ed407158ce23f4636dd7684cd21cb.jpg

Back