What knife do you find yourself playing with the most?

premium-metal omega springs in theirs
Where did you source these?

I like playing with my Delica 4, opening and closing, flicking, and spinning it between my fingers using the spydie hole.

Sage1. I love the texture of the carbon fiber. Really enjoy the smooth opening and the sound it makes when locking open. Love to flick it open, spydie drop it, hold it in various grips as the ergonomics are amazing IMO.
I also like the smooth profile of the wire clip and the way it feels in hand or rubbing my thumb over it.

kershaw R.A.M.. it probably has the coolest gadget factor of any of the knives I own, especially after adding one of the hawk clips.

I like to play with the knives that I have in my pockets. Currently, a Lochsa & a Dog Paws CC PT.

Last edited:
The Kershaw Volt has been going strong since I got it. Occasionally I'll use the Voyager X2 when not wearing my pants.

most recent purchase or my gerber obsidian. my wife thinks im nuts when i constantly flip them open. oh well:D

Been playing a lot with my new 710-1 as well as BM51. Keep on flipping my Buck Vantage Pro still hoping it will loosen up, and I regularly play with my BM Skirmish. Love the "thwack" of that big blade when it opens.

I just bought a Buck Vantage Pro off another board. At first I didn't really like it. I thought compared to some of my other knives the quality wasn't there like my Boa or my Blur or my ZT350. It will never be a hard use knife but I am now warming up to it. I think it's a keeper.

I have a really small collection of knives compared to most of what I've seen on this website. Seriously, as far as "nice" folders from the "big three", I have a BM Kulgera and a Kershaw Needs Work.

So yeah, I usually find myself doing everything with the Kulgera. I shave with it, I play with it, I use it.

The AXIS lock is just too addicting not to play with. I wore out the springs that BM used and replaced them with some D'Addario nickel guitar strings so they wouldn't wear out again. Then I wound up noticing that I was working my pivot loose faster than I usually would so I got some Loctite. Anything but stopping; it's my knife, if I want to play with it I can!

Aside from how fun it is to play with, it's a great user too, so I try to prevent my "playing" from abusing the knife and have kind of modified it for that use. I doubt most people need Loctite and premium-metal omega springs in theirs.

What size string did you use. I've been planning on this for a while.

I'll often play with my Ontario RAT-1 - that thing must open about as fast as an AO! I can't believe how smooth it is and how solid it locks considering that it was only $26. Apart from opening and closing it a few times I'll often play around sharpening it on a strop, despite it already being able to whittle hair.

+1000 My Sypderco Sage I is a great toy.
:D

Sage1. I love the texture of the carbon fiber. Really enjoy the smooth opening and the sound it makes when locking open. Love to flick it open, spydie drop it, hold it in various grips as the ergonomics are amazing IMO.
I also like the smooth profile of the wire clip and the way it feels in hand or rubbing my thumb over it.

I won a Maserin Spirit with Ebony scales and SS Damascus blade, this is my favorite to play with and EDC, I always have it on me and it keep an incredible edge almost indefinitely.

Maserin Spirit in Stainless Damascus

2007_04300045.jpg

2007_04190012.jpg

Back