What Knife Do You Have Coming?

Not a very impressive knife...Cold Steel GI Tanto...but the order was placed on May 6th. :grumpy:

ok, finally found this thread lol.

well, this is gonna be a story to go with the knife I'm waiting for. I'll provide my own shots of the blade once i get it. for now you'll have to peek via pics from the website.

So i was lured into wanting a flipper. wanting the type that was really easy to flip . i started to gravitate towards Brian Tighe and was about to pull the trigger on a Tighe rade, but then thought to myself it wasn't exclusive enough for me. saw another Tighe blade that i liked a bit better with a mirror polished blade with a persian style up sweep. i asked how the blade was ground to who ever was selling it. i didn't see that info on Brian's site, maybe i missed it lol. i prefer a flat ground blade.

i had not heard back, so continued on my search for a flipper or something really special i liked , but i wanted it to be a fOlder regardless. so while still dealing with 411 concerning Brian Tighes knives i stumble over yet another Brian Tighe Blade When i saw it i was like wtf is that real. upon closer inspection i saw that it was real and my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. i thought about getting it and looked to see if it was available and it was.

so my thoughts were overwhelmed by my gut feelings and i put the pedal to the metal so to speak to get my knife. It was just so beautiful i couldn't believe it. just the other day i saw a super fine sister in a wheel chair and she had a dress on who's pattern and colors instantly reminded me of the knife. i briefly stopped her to tell her so too. she didn't mind at all & seemed surprised & pleased that my knife was as pretty as her dress. :)

So to wrap it up Mr. Lopez told me that Mr.Tighe had sold out of all the knives he had brought to Blade to sell in 1 day. Mr. Lopez had meant to bring the 2 Brian Tighe knives he had to the show but somehow forgot. this is how i ended up seeing my knife on his site. when he told me the story of why he still had them available; i told him that was my Dragon energy working retroactively to make sure i got my knife. the end

so her's the knife. To Honor my super duper American Pit Bull Terrier who's no longer here in original form. her registered name
is Ihms Savages Instant Karma and her cal name became Karma it suited her perfectly too so i did not change it.
so the knife's name is " KARMA'S TOOTH " :D SO PLEASE ENJOY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE.

1383231933L.jpg

i'm looking to get an R.J. Martin flipper. I'm not spooked by the blade show report on the RJM knives. but i am grateful. i'L BE SURE TO BE VERY SPECIFIC on want and expect from the knife i want them to create for me. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Benchmade Sequel 707. I found some at pre-MAP pricing where the e-Sun shines. Bought it from a top-rated seller, so I'm hopeful it will have decent fit and finish and it won't be a clone. If it appears to be OK, I'll have a set of Ivory Snake Juma scales made for it. It should end up looking something like this:

DSCN8955_zps33d34be4.jpg

Picture courtesy of Keyman. :)

Last edited:
hi bld522's,
i don't like white handles for most knives. Yet, those scales are an exception with the snake skin pattern.
to me it looks like the knife wants to white cobra !. thx for sharing that picture

I just had Steve Ketchen (Spketch) make an Ivory Snake Juma handle for my Southard. It completely transformed the knife. I don't have a picture of mine, but here's one he made for evilgreg. I'm sure Greg wouldn't mind me sharing it with you.

3R2nueC.jpg

I like your description of the material, by the way. I liken it to albino rattlesnake. :D It has an additional advantage of being extremely lightweight. By removing the clip and exchanging the G10 scale for Juma, I lightened the knife from 4.1 ounces to 3.7 ounces. In my world, lighter is better.

Last edited:
spyderco-timil-fluted-titanium-satin-plain-c36tifp.jpg

I'm hopping to order one of these beauts in the morning. Been wanting to pull the trigger on a Military for a very long time, and this version seems like the best ever.

WooHoo! Order placed. It's selling out everywhere. I found it in Stock at Nationalknives.com

Last edited:
ok, finally found this thread lol.

well, this is gonna be a story to go with the knife I'm waiting for. I'll provide my own shots of the blade once i get it. for now you'll have to peek via pics from the website.

So i was lured into wanting a flipper. wanting the type that was really easy to flip . i started to gravitate towards Brian Tighe and was about to pull the trigger on a Tighe rade, but then thought to myself it wasn't exclusive enough for me. saw another Tighe blade that i liked a bit better with a mirror polished blade with a persian style up sweep. i asked how the blade was ground to who ever was selling it. i didn't see that info on Brian's site, maybe i missed it lol. i prefer a flat ground blade.

i had not heard back, so continued on my search for a flipper or something really special i liked , but i wanted it to be a fOlder regardless. so while still dealing with 411 concerning Brian Tighes knives i stumble over yet another Brian Tighe Blade When i saw it i was like wtf is that real. upon closer inspection i saw that it was real and my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. i thought about getting it and looked to see if it was available and it was.

so my thoughts were overwhelmed by my gut feelings and i put the pedal to the metal so to speak to get my knife. It was just so beautiful i couldn't believe it. just the other day i saw a super fine sister in a wheel chair and she had a dress on who's pattern and colors instantly reminded me of the knife. i briefly stopped her to tell her so too. she didn't mind at all & seemed surprised & pleased that my knife was as pretty as her dress. :)

So to wrap it up Mr. Lopez told me that Mr.Tighe had sold out of all the knives he had brought to Blade to sell in 1 day. Mr. Lopez had meant to bring the 2 Brian Tighe knives he had to the show but somehow forgot. this is how i ended up seeing my knife on his site. when he told me the story of why he still had them available; i told him that was my Dragon energy working retroactively to make sure i got my knife. the end

so her's the knife. To Honor my super duper American Pit Bull Terrier who's no longer here in original form. her registered name
is Ihms Savages Instant Karma and her cal name became Karma it suited her perfectly too so i did not change it.
so the knife's name is " KARMA'S TOOTH " :D SO PLEASE ENJOY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE.

1383231933L.jpg

i'm looking to get an R.J. Martin flipper. I'm not spooked by the blade show report on the RJM knives. but i am grateful. i'L BE SURE TO BE VERY SPECIFIC on want and expect from the knife i want them to create for me. :thumbup:

Beautiful knife, cool story as well. I love Brian Tighe knives. I have a mini Tighe Rod.

I don't own a Tighe custom, but I've got the next best thing . . . a Rod Olson Quick Flick. The Quick Flick incorporates Brian's STBS and RWL-34 steel. I guess you could say it's Rod's design with Brian's innards. It's the smoothest flipper I own.

Last edited:
Decided I needed more fixed blades today. Bought a Ritter RSK MK2 and Becker BK14. Dont own a Becker yet so I'm excited!

Was looking at the junglas as well but the family and I are going to Pigeon Forge for vacation next month and plan on stopping by Knifeworks while I'm there. See what knife I come home with :)

Last edited:
Got a Benchmade Gold class 710-141 coming. I always wanted gold class Benchmade and the Damasteel blade/carbon fiber handle on the 710-141 sold me.

I have an ESEE Zancudo coming. Nothing special, it was an impulse buy. Plus I got it for $15 so I could not pass up that deal.

National Knives just boinked my payment. PayPal sux! Address not registered. What crap is that

They don't have a phone number. So I'm waiting for an email reply

Blade HQ is sending me my Kershaw Emersons! CQC-7K and a CQC-8K. If I'm pleased with them, I'll most likely get others, and may get on the wait list for one of the ZT Emersons.

Back