• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

What knife does Santa carry?

This being the Christmas season and all, I was wondering the other night, "Would Santa carry a knife? What would it be?" I think Santa would definetly be a guy who could benefit from a high quality knife. I mean, suppose Santa can't untie the bag, what's he gonna do? Personally, I'd pull out my brand new Mini AFCK and cut the sucker. I don't know, what do you guys think? Outsider? Battlemistress? Just a couple suggestions.

Sincerely,
J.P. Gassmann

santa.gif

Just caught him carrying some sort of bowie over at Knive Art's site.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I would think besides a battle blade to ward off evil toy stealing gnomes Santa would need a tool knife for emergency sleigh repairs.Merry Christmas fellow knife lovers.
Bob

Being his neighbor up here in Alaska I know for a fact that the jolly old guy carries a EDI Genesis, balck titanium blade, plain edge.

Saw him with it.
wink.gif

...oh, and he wants a Chris Reeve Sebenza for his next birthday.
smile.gif

------------------
Greg Mete
Kodiak Alaska
KnifeKnutt@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Kodiak PA (edited 24 December 1998).]

Something with an antler grip!

HEY, some maker could make a killing with a big ugly Bowie market "Merry (beep)ing XMas", antler grip and a little red LED at the pommel. <evil grin mode:ON>

Jim March

Santa's gotta be carrying an SAK or multi-tool. That sleigh travels too many miles in a short period of time to avoid all mechanical breakdowns. Of course, he could have the elves in a support van with a bunch of tools and supplies.

Happy Holidays, Everyone!

------------------
Frank

The sled is magical and doesn't need a multitool for repairs.

I think Santa Claus would carry something from Lappland reindeer country, maybe a high-end Puukko with a reindeer antler sheath and a shamanic rattle pommel to ward off evil spirits, like this one from the Kellam catalog.

kellam-rattleknife.jpg

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com

Because of his international travels I think he carry's a small non-threatning looking folder, and a MD Mirage X concealed.
Also look for the multi tool, a must have in the cold when driving a sleigh.

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Greg, for a second there i thought he had the genisis that i had ordered but not recieved yet!
Then i remembered I ordered the half serrated edge!
May he use his Genisis in good health for as long as children need him.
Merry Christmas

------------------

~~TOM~~

Actually, last time I saw him around here he was packing an M-2 AFCK in plain edge with a Leatherman Super Tool and a Mad Dog Lab Rat on his belt. And wearing a Nomex lined suit of red!
Buck

Back