What knife for a woman ?

I won a competition for a knife to be made for Mrs Pit but that was months and months ago now and the maker has disappeared without a trace !:(

So I was just wondering which of John's knives do ya think would make a good womans knife ?

Do any of your wives/partners have knives ?

One of his anniversary EDCs would probably fit the bill. Women go nuts over little knives cause they are "cute". lol

I got my girl one of John's fire kits with a little Nessie.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/49906904@N03/4861077031/][/URL]

Last edited:
I think I would go with the Baby Kepheart for normal "minor usage" but If Mrs. Pitt likes the outdoors and uses a knife frequently, then I would go with the Pocket Scandi, smaller size, but a very capable/useful looking knife.

I recently made my girlfriend a kephart-style camping knife, and she absolutely loves it. It has a thin, carbon steel blade, and is useful for woodworking and food prep. The handle is smaller than what I would usually go for, and it doesn't have the heft for chopping, but it is otherwise a good all-around camp blade. We were out canoe camping this past weekend and she put it through the paces.

All of which is to say that I would go for a model that isn't too small for some serious outdoors use!

All the best,

- Mike

Upper is small cooking knife for my mother. but it was in dead stock.
Below is Belt Knife of Kyley Harris what I requested.
DSC_0035.jpg

I requested Kyley to make a sheath for her knife.
He did it immediately with a little modification.
DSCF0291.JPG

Also I like the one what Stomper made for his wife:)

Last edited:
get her a Lobo. she'll say it's "too big" and ask for something smaller.

you keep the Lobo and order her a Tin Knife.

she'll say that's too small, so then you order a Hudson Bay, which she says is too big, so you order her an EWOK

just keep going, expanding the collection as you go. :D

though i don't own one of my own, i would suggest the "Riverwoods Companion"... i think that is a great looking little knife...:thumbup:

though i don't own one of my own, i would suggest the "Riverwoods Companion"... i think that is a great looking little knife...:thumbup:

I was thinking that one of those would make a great womans knife !;):thumbup:

sorry, this thread just reminded me of one of those "what pistol for my wife" type threads.

I was thinking that one of those would make a great womans knife !;):thumbup:

Hi pitdog -

Well - I honestly thought, Mrs. Pitdog? A pink handled Knatchet, of course!

However, I think the RWC is a great choice - that is what my wife has as her first JK and she loves it.

best regards -

mqqn

Back