What knife is on your keyring ?

I carried a SAK Recruit on my key ring for over 8 years. Then two years ago, I bought a couple of them newfangled LED lights, one of which is a teeny-tiny light that looked rather foolish on the same ring as the "huge" Recruit. So I did what any sane knife buyer would do, I bought another SAK, a SD Classic. Much better.

The Recruit now resides on a slip I made to house it and another flashlight.
vg5lUjD.jpg

Just about pulled the trigger on the Micro Recon 1 a couple times, but just can't seem to finish the job. Was looking at the little tanto jobbie.

How's it fitting in with the key ring role?
Fits great on a regular key ring. They do come with a key ring of their own as well. It’s kind of funny having a triad lock on a 2” folder, but I like it so far.

Vic Vagabond on one set, a GEC made Dogpaw Knives single spear deal on my other set.

I always get annoyed with anything extra on my keyring, but I have a SAK tinker that goes in my pocket when I grab my keys.

An old timer at work advised me to move my Micra from my key ring to my pocket. I shrugged him off.

2 weeks later I'm standing at wedding party with a cold beer in my hand and no cap lifter because my keys were in my jacket pocket in the house.

I went in, took the Micra off my key ring and it's ridden in my RFP ever since.

(I carry my EDC knife in my RRP.)

Victorinox Black Ice Classic - camo handles and DLC finished blades. This one has been on for a couple of years, but I have had various classics on the keys for probably the last 30+ years. They get more use from these classics than any other knives that I carry.

i-zbjH6Xj-X2.jpg

You seem surprised by that. I fully expected it, they make for such a good keyring knife/tool. Inexpensive so you don’t care if it gets all marked up, lightweight and more than just a blade. So handy.

I'm not surprised by the SAK classics being soooo popular among people in the greater walk of suburban life in America. The SAK classic is after all, the most popular manufactured and sold pocket knife in the world. But...what does surprise me is, that they are so popular in the general sub forum of a knife nut centered forum. I fully expected items like Spyderco lady bug, man bug, and other more exotic small knives more in line with the one hand opening and locking types to reign this category.

I just didn't expect that amount of small SAK's to be represented in this forum. Next thing you know the Case peanut is going to have a run of popularity!:eek:

I'm not surprised by the SAK classics being soooo popular among people in the greater walk of suburban life in America. The SAK classic is after all, the most popular manufactured and sold pocket knife in the world. But...what does surprise me is, that they are so popular in the general sub forum of a knife nut centered forum. I fully expected items like Spyderco lady bug, man bug, and other more exotic small knives more in line with the one hand opening and locking types to reign this category.

I just didn't expect that amount of small SAK's to be represented in this forum. Next thing you know the Case peanut is going to have a run of popularity!:eek:
*cough*
1333E416-6D49-4096-86D2-4419EEC9090D.jpeg
:p:D

I started with a ZDP-189 Ladybug on my key ring but the classic SAK with its knife, file, scissors, and tweezers is just to darn versatile not to carry.

Back