What Knife started you collecting?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rpttrsn, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    For a long time I wanted a Ka-Bar combat fixed blade. I was watching a CajunBlaze video on one and in the comments someone said something along the lines of his
    SOG Seal Pup Elite being way better than the Kabar. Mainluly because it would cut his finger to the bone If he ran his finger across it :rolleyes: .

In my knife newb ways, I was impressed by this, and the tactical marketing, so I bought one of those instead. Well it wasn't very sharp and I came here to learn how to sharpen it. It was all down hill from there.

2. bld522

bld522

Feb 3, 2004
    Swamp Rat Camp Tramp:

[​IMG]

3. Bludgeon

Bludgeon

Dec 28, 2014
    EKI Roadhouse😜

4. HazeGray

HazeGray

Jul 19, 2015
    Ontario Marine fighting knife in the early 1980s.

5. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    I don't think of myself as a collector. Just a user with many options haha. Buck 110 got me into this.

6. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Gold Member

Dec 6, 2009
    It was a vintage Marbles stag handled Ideal that did it for me. I wish I still had it.

7. Austinaftermath

Austinaftermath

Sep 2, 2009
    Punks in movies with switchblades. Always thought it would be cool to have one; then stumbled onto this forum.

8. rpttrsn

rpttrsn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2006
    I worked in the hunting and fishing dept. in a sporting goods store PT when I was just married. Loved going to work there. I liked the Buck 110 myself but opted for the Puma Game Warden instead. Still have it in a Buck case. Was not yet addicted but being around all those knives must have planted the seed.

9. Stammoss

Stammoss

May 30, 2015
    Lionsteel SR2, now I have 12 lionsteel knives :D

10. thefirstsuspect

thefirstsuspect

Oct 30, 2013
    It all started with the spyderco persistence...

11. rpttrsn

Nov 1, 2006
    Do you have a problem? NAW! When is #13 comming?

12. M31943

M31943

Aug 19, 2013
    Gerber Mark II with cat's tongue, L6 and canted blade, I was ready for the zombies.

13. rpttrsn

Nov 1, 2006
    If we knew then what we know now!

14. BoozeFighter

BoozeFighter

Jul 6, 2015
    Haha, me too, love that knife. It was my first "real" knife. Still my work EDC.

Like many others in this thread, I fancy myself as an enthusiast rather than a proper collector.

15. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    SAK, about age 8. Lost it within a week. Been carrying a blade ever since then, though, around six decades now :)o).

16. Icepack

Icepack

Apr 20, 2011
    Chris Reeves sabenza in early 90s. ATS-34 steel and then later one in BG-42